19.26°C Vancouver

May 26, 2021 1:56 AM -

A list of the four steps in British Columbia's restart plan

Share On
a-list-of-the-four-steps-in-british-columbias-restart-plan
The British Columbia government has introduced a four-step restart plan in a gradual return to normality when more people are vaccinated against COVID-19. (Photo - John Horgan/twitter)

The British Columbia government has introduced a four-step restart plan in a gradual return to normality when more people are vaccinated against COVID-19. Here are the steps set out by the province:

Step 1: What's allowed on Tuesday with 60 per cent of the population having received one dose of a vaccine.

— A maximum of five visitors or one household are allowed to gather indoors. Ten people are allowed for outdoor personal gatherings and 50 people for seated outdoor organized gatherings with safety protocols.

— Recreational travel is only permitted within a resident's travel region.

— Indoor and outdoor dining is allowed for up to six people with safety protocols.

— In-person faith-based gatherings can be held in a reduced capacity.

— Outdoor sports games with no spectators and low-intensity fitness with safety protocols can resume.

— Provincewide mask mandate, business safety protocols and physical distancing measures remain in place.

— Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes continue to operate with existing safety protocols.

Step 2: By June 15 at the earliest with 65 per cent of the adult population having one dose of a vaccine.

— A maximum of 50 people would be allowed to hold outdoor social gatherings, with 50 seated indoors at organized gatherings in banquet halls, movie theatres and live theatres as long as safety protocols are being followed.

— No provincial travel restrictions.

— Indoor sports games and high-intensity fitness would be allowed with safety protocols.

— Spectators for outdoor sports would be permitted with a 50-person maximum.

— Provincewide mask mandate, business safety protocols and physical distancing remain in place.

— Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes continue to operate with existing safety protocols.

Step 3: Early July with 70 per cent of the population vaccinated with a single dose.

— Provincial state of emergency and public health emergency lifted.

— A return to usual for indoor and outdoor personal gatherings.

— Sleepovers allowed.

— Nightclubs and casinos reopened with capacity limits and safety plans.

— New public health and workplace guidance around personal protective equipment, physical distancing and business protocols.

Step 4: Early September with more than 70 per cent of the adult population having had their first dose of vaccine.

— A return to normal social contact.

— Capacity would be increased at larger organized gatherings.

— No limits on indoor and outdoor spectators at sports.

— Businesses would operate with new safety plans.

Full plan of B.C. restart:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart

Latest news

carney-says-new-oil-pipeline-would-require-emissions-plan-indigenous-consultation
BCMay 20, 2026

Carney says new oil pipeline would require emissions plan, Indigenous consultation

Prime Minister Mark Carney says any future oil pipeline connecting Alberta to the British Columbia coast would depend on conditions including a major emissions-reduction project, economic benefits for B.C., and constitutionally required consultation with First Nations. Speaking to the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade, Carney said the pipeline proposal discussed last week between the federal and Alberta governments would only move forward alongside the proposed Pathways Alliance carbon capture project. He said Indigenous consultation under Section 35 of the Constitution is “non-negotiable.”
AlbertaMay 20, 2026

Alberta ticket wins $12.5M share of Lotto Max jackpot

A Lotto Max ticket purchased in Alberta has won a $12.5-million share of the latest jackpot draw, according to the Western Canada Lottery Corporation. The corporation said the winning ticket was sold somewhere in Alberta outside the Edmonton and Calgary regions. Another winning ticket was sold in Quebec, splitting the $25-million jackpot between the two winners. Lottery officials said the Alberta ticket holder has one year from the draw date to claim the prize. The winning location and ticket holder have not yet been identified publicly. The jackpot split means multiple winners matched all sev
CanadaMay 20, 2026

Rising FIFA World Cup ticket and hotel prices in Vancouver raising concerns for fans

Football fans hoping to attend FIFA World Cup matches in Vancouver are facing growing costs as ticket prices and hotel rates continue to climb ahead of the tournament. Reports indicate some match tickets are being listed for as much as $2,000. Accommodation costs in Vancouver have also become a concern for visitors planning trips to the city during the event. Experts say provincial restrictions on short-term rentals, along with annual licensing fee requirements, have reduced available accommodation options and contributed to higher hotel prices. Jarrett Vaughan, a professor at the University o
shooting-at-surrey-home-under-investigation-police-say-extortion-link-suspected
BCMay 20, 2026

Shooting at Surrey home under investigation, police say extortion link suspected

Surrey Police Service is investigating an early morning shooting at a residence in Surrey’s Newton neighbourhood that investigators believe may be connected to an extortion-related file. Police said frontline officers responded at about 4:40 a.m. Wednesday to reports of shots fired near 57 Avenue and 148 Street. According to SPS, officers found damage to a home and evidence of gunfire when they arrived. The residence was occupied at the time of the shooting, but no injuries were reported, police said. SPS said its Extortion Response Team has taken over the investigation. Integrated Forensic
AlbertaMay 20, 2026

Nenshi questions UCP committee meeting on Alberta petition process amid separatism debate

Alberta NDP Leader Naheed Nenshi says he is concerned Premier Danielle Smith’s government could alter or reinterpret a citizen petition process tied to Alberta’s place in Canada. Nenshi made the comments after the United Conservative government scheduled a committee meeting for Thursday to discuss a petition calling for Alberta to remain in Canada. The bipartisan committee is reviewing the petition under provincial rules governing citizen initiatives. According to Nenshi, the timing of the meeting has raised questions after a separate petition backed by Alberta separatists was reportedly l

Related News