20.17°C Vancouver

Nov 27, 2025 1:36 PM - Connect Newsroom - Jasmine Singh

Kapil Sharma breaks silence of Kap’s cafe ; Incidents Widely Covered by Connect Media Network

Share On
kapil-sharma-breaks-silence-of-kaps-cafe-incidents-widely-covered-by-connect-media-network
Kap’s Café, which began operations in Surrey, British Columbia, in July, became the target of gunfire just days after opening. The first attack occurred on July 10, followed by two more shootings on August 7 and October 16.

Kapil Sharma has broken his silence on the three shocking firing incidents at his Surrey-based eatery, Kap’s Café, saying the repeated attacks have finally pushed Canadian authorities to take the issue of public safety more seriously. The comedian-actor addressed the matter during the trailer launch of his upcoming film Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon 2.

Kap’s Café, which began operations in Surrey, British Columbia, in July, became the target of gunfire just days after opening. The first attack occurred on July 10, followed by two more shootings on August 7 and October 16. Thankfully, no injuries were reported, and no group has claimed responsibility. Each of these incidents was covered extensively by Connect Media Network, bringing major public attention to the growing safety concerns in Surrey.

Reflecting on the situation, Kapil said the repeated attacks unexpectedly triggered action at higher levels of the Canadian government.

“What I feel is that the rules and the police there may not have enough power to control such incidents. But when our case happened, it went all the way to the federal government and was even discussed in the Canadian Parliament,” he said.

In a surprising twist, Sharma noted that the publicity surrounding the shootings actually boosted business.

“In fact, after every firing incident, our café got a bigger opening. So it’s all okay if God is with me,” he remarked with his trademark humour.

The comedian shared that many people reached out to him after the attacks, expressing concern and support. He added that the shootings brought greater visibility to long-standing issues in the area.

Latest news

BollywoodMay 20, 2026

India's Got Latent Returns with New Faces!

Fans of the comedy series "India's Got Latent" have reason to celebrate as the show makes its much-anticipated return. Originally launched on YouTube in 2024, the series faced legal hurdles that led to its abrupt removal. However, stand-up comedian Samay Raina, the mastermind behind the show, is gearing up for a comeback. Recently, a sneak peek from the filming surfaced online, sparking a flurry of reactions. The image features two fresh faces joining the judging panel: acclaimed actors Alia Bhatt and Sharvari. Social media users quickly speculated that the episode will highlight the du
diljit-dosanjh-misses-trailer-launch-of-main-vaapas-aaunga-due-to-aura-world-tour
PollywoodMay 20, 2026

Diljit Dosanjh Misses Trailer Launch of "Main Vaapas Aaunga" Due to AURA World Tour

Diljit Dosanjh's fans and the media were abuzz with curiosity as the popular singer-actor was notably absent from the trailer launch of his much-anticipated film "Main Vaapas Aaunga" in Mumbai on May 19. Currently on his international AURA World Tour 2026, Diljit was unable to attend the event in person. Directed by the renowned Imtiaz Ali, the film also stars Sharvari, Vedang Raina, and the legendary Naseeruddin Shah. To connect with his supporters, Diljit sent a heartfelt pre-recorded video message, explaining his absence and conveying his good wishes to the film's team. In his message,
punjabi-singer-inder-kaur-found-dead
PollywoodMay 19, 2026

Punjabi singer Inder Kaur found dead

In a heartbreaking turn of events, Punjabi singer and makeup artist Inder Kaur, known affectionately as Yashinder Kaur, was found dead in the Neelon Canal in Ludhiana, Punjab. The 29-year-old artist, whose vibrant melodies had captured the hearts of many, had been reported missing since May 13. Inder Kaur, who had collaborated with numerous popular artists, was on the rise in the Punjabi music scene, celebrated for her talent and charisma. However, her promising future was cut tragically short. Her family reported her missing after alleging that she was abducted at gunpoint by a man named S
neha-dhupia-and-angad-bedi-team-up-for-fun-filled-show-double-date
BollywoodMay 19, 2026

Neha Dhupia and Angad Bedi Team Up for Fun-Filled Show "Double Date"

Neha Dhupia and Angad Bedi are set to make their hosting debut together in the upcoming non-fiction series "Double Date." The recently released trailer hints at a light-hearted atmosphere filled with celebrity interactions, engaging games, and playful challenges that reveal a personal side of their guests. Viewers can expect Neha and Angad to dive into activities like bowling, pizza-making, and go-karting, all while sharing humorous and spontaneous moments. The show aims to create a relaxed space for celebrities to connect with each other. "Double Date" premieres on Thursday, May 14, on Ne
virat-kohlis-instagram-controversy-deepens
BollywoodMay 15, 2026

Virat Kohli's Instagram Controversy Deepens

Virat Kohli's ongoing Instagram controversy has taken a startling twist as German influencer and singer LizLaz alleged that journalists approached her with monetary offers to publicly malign the Royal Challengers Bengaluru star and fabricate accusations against him. In a recent interview, snippets of which have circulated widely on social media, LizLaz revealed that she declined to engage in any schemes aimed at tarnishing Kohli's image for either publicity or financial incentives. “Some journalists even offered me money to say negative things about him and make claims about actions he nev

Related News

No records found.