20.59°C Vancouver

Jul 16, 2022 12:56 AM - The Canadian Press

Ripudaman Singh Malik's son doesn't believe his father's murder has anything to do with the acquittal in the Air Indian bombing trial

Share On
ripudaman-singh-maliks-son-doesnt-believe-his-fathers-murder-has-anything-to-do-with-the-acquittal-in-the-air-indian-bombing-trial
Ripudaman Singh Malik's son says he doesn't believe his father's murder in Surrey yesterday has anything to do with the acquittal in the Air Indian bombing trial 17 years ago. (Photo - Jaspreet Singh Malik/Facebook, Connect News)

Ripudaman Singh Malik's son says he doesn't believe his father's murder in Surrey yesterday has anything to do with the acquittal in the Air Indian bombing trial 17 years ago.

Jaspreet Singh Malik says he is ``very much convinced'' his dad's murder and results of the trial are unrelated, and he trusts the RCMP to solve this crime.

A BC Supreme Court found Malik and a co-accused not guilty in the two bombings of Air India jets in June 1985 that killed 331 people.

Police say the people inside a Honda CRV who shot Malik had been waiting for two about half hours for him to show up in the parking lot near his business.

Police are releasing few details about the fatal shooting of Ripudaman Singh Malik.

Sergeant David Lee says video shows Malik's attackers waited for hours to ambush him in the Surrey parking lot where he was gunned down yesterday.

Lee says a white Honda CRV pulled up around 7am and Malik was shot just before 9:30am.

Lee says there were several people in the SUV and police don't yet have a motive for the shooting.

Latest news

18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
leaders-condemn-nanaksar-gurdwara-attack-call-for-action-against-anti-sikh-hate
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in
42-year-old-man-charged-in-immigration-fraud-case-arrest-warrant-issued
CanadaAug 21, 2026

42-Year-Old Man Charged in Immigration Fraud Case, Arrest Warrant Issued

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has laid five charges against 42-year-old Abul Qasim for allegedly helping people enter Canada illegally and committing immigration fraud. An arrest warrant has also been issued for him. According to the CBSA, Qasim previously lived in Montreal but left Canada in June 2025 and is believed to be currently outside the country. The arrest warrant was issued after he failed to appear in response to a summons issued by a Montreal court. The CBSA began investigating the alleged scheme in 2024 after receiving confidential information from Immigration, Refugees

Related News