21.46°C Vancouver

Jun 21, 2022 7:11 PM - Connect News

Man charged in connection to multi-jurisdictional sexual assaults in Metro Vancouver

Share On
man-charged-in-connection-to-multi-jurisdictional-sexual-assaults-in-metro-vancouver
A 27 year old man, Hayden McCorriston, has been charged in connection to a series of sexual assaults, which occurred over a three-day period between March 31 and April 2, 2022 in Burnaby and Vancouver. (Photo - Burnaby RCMP/Twitter)

A 27 year old man, Hayden McCorriston, has been charged in connection to a series of sexual assaults, which occurred over a three-day period between March 31 and April 2, 2022 in Burnaby and Vancouver.

The sexual assaults in Burnaby included five female victims in the Metrotown area who reported being groped by a stranger.

Following his offences in Burnaby, McCorriston travelled to Vancouver where he is alleged to have committed several other offences, including two sexual assaults and an indecent act.

Original release

Investigators from Burnaby RCMP’s High Risk Offender (HRO) Unit, the Vancouver Police Department and Metro Vancouver Transit Police conducted a coordinated investigation, with Burnaby RCMP HRO taking the lead. Investigators quickly identified McCorriston and learned he had been arrested for an unrelated offence on April 3, 2022. The police agencies cooperatively gathered evidence to gain a full picture of McCorriston’s activities during his three-day spree.

On June 7, 2022 BC Prosecution Services approved charges against Hayden McCorriston which included seven counts of sexual assault, two thefts, one assault and one indecent act. McCorriston remains in custody.

This was a serious and traumatic series of events that impacted the feeling of safety and security in our community, said Burnaby RCMP Media Relations Officer, Corporal Alexa Hodgins. We appreciate the assistance and cooperation of our policing partners from Vancouver Police and Metro Vancouver Transit Police for helping advance this multi-jurisdictional sexual assault investigation.

Reducing sexual offences on transit is an operational priority for Metro Vancouver Transit Police. We are proud to have been able to assist in this investigation and help remove this suspect from the community, said Constable Amanda Steed, Transit Police.

Latest news

18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
leaders-condemn-nanaksar-gurdwara-attack-call-for-action-against-anti-sikh-hate
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in
42-year-old-man-charged-in-immigration-fraud-case-arrest-warrant-issued
CanadaAug 21, 2026

42-Year-Old Man Charged in Immigration Fraud Case, Arrest Warrant Issued

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has laid five charges against 42-year-old Abul Qasim for allegedly helping people enter Canada illegally and committing immigration fraud. An arrest warrant has also been issued for him. According to the CBSA, Qasim previously lived in Montreal but left Canada in June 2025 and is believed to be currently outside the country. The arrest warrant was issued after he failed to appear in response to a summons issued by a Montreal court. The CBSA began investigating the alleged scheme in 2024 after receiving confidential information from Immigration, Refugees

Related News