17.52°C Vancouver

Jul 13, 2021 10:10 AM -

Delhi reports 45 fresh COVID-19 cases, lowest in 1.25 years

Share On
delhi-reports-45-fresh-covid-19-cases-lowest-in-1-25-years
Delhi reports 45 fresh COVID-19 cases, lowest in 1.25 years

With 45 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, Delhi has reported the lowest coronavirus daily count after about 1.25 years, health minister Satyendar Jain informed on Tuesday.

While speaking to reporters, Jain further informed that the positivity rate is slightly below 0.1 per cent, and there are currently 693 active cases in the capital.

"There were 45 COVID-positive cases in Delhi yesterday, which is the lowest count in 1.25 years. The positivity rate is slightly below 1 per cent and there are 693 active cases," Jain said while urging people to continue to follow COVID precautions.

Delhi had suffered a devastating second COVID-19 wave earlier this year when daily cases peaked in April with over 28,000 cases.

Fresh daily cases have remained below the 100-mark for two consecutive weeks now. Asked about the city's vaccine availability and inoculation centres that closed in the last few days, Jain said about 1.5 lakh doses were received last night, and are expected to last one or two days.

"Several centres were closed yesterday due to the low availability of COVID-19 vaccines. We received about 1.5 lakh doses of Covishield last night. That is expected to last one or two days. We have the capability to administer 3-4 lakh doses of vaccines in a day," he said.

Jain added that the possible third wave could be stopped if people follow the COVID-19 protocol strictly and if people did not become careless. As per the union health ministry, as many as 89,37,940 vaccine doses have been administered in Delhi so far, including 68,43,441 first doses and 20,94,499 second doses.

Regarding the tussle over water supply with the neighbouring state of Haryana and allegations that the Delhi government is not managing the supply well, Jain said, "They should give us our allocation of water, only then will we be able to do any management."

Latest news

b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth
BCAug 18, 2026

Goldstream Falls swimming incident: 27-year-old man dies

A 27-year-old man has died after getting into distress while swimming near Goldstream Falls in Goldstream Provincial Park on Monday evening. West Shore RCMP said officers responded to the incident at around 7:35 p.m. on August 17. The man reportedly went underwater while swimming near the waterfall and did not resurface. Bystanders pulled him from the water and immediately began life-saving measures. Police, BC Emergency Health Services and Langford Fire Department later arrived and continued the emergency response. The man was taken to hospital for further treatment but later succumbed to his
poilievre-attacks-carney-government-over-ev-mandate
BCAug 18, 2026

Poilievre Attacks Carney Government Over EV Mandate

Canada’s main opposition leader, Pierre Poilievre, has launched a strong attack on Prime Minister Mark Carney’s government over its electric vehicle policy. Poilievre alleges that while the government is moving to scrap the existing EV sales mandate, it is planning to bring back a similar requirement through the “back door” using tougher emissions standards. According to a notice published in the Canada Gazette, the government has recently started the process of repealing the previous EV Sales Mandate, which required 20 per cent of new vehicles sold in 2026 to be electric. Reacting to

Related News