22.11°C Vancouver

Mar 12, 2021 6:44 AM -

Delhi Police directed not to take action against Shubham Kar Chaudhary till March 15

Share On
delhi-police-directed-not-to-take-action-against-shubham-kar-chaudhary-till-march-15
Delhi Police directed not to take action against Shubham Kar Chaudhary till March 15

A Delhi Court on Friday directed the Delhi Police not to take any coercive action against climate activist Shubham Kar Chaudhari till March 15.

Additional Sessions Judge Dharmender Rana of Patiala House Court adjourned the hearing on Chaudhari's anticipatory bail plea till March 15.

Public Prosecutor Irfan Ahmed told the Court that the matter of the co-accused is coming up on March 15, where the Court is scheduled to hear the anticipatory bail plea of Shantanu Muluk and Nikita Jacob. Both of them have been granted interim protection from arrest till March 15 by the Delhi Court.

Appearing for Chaudhari, advocate Soutik Banerjee urged the Court to extend Chaudhari's interim protection till then. He also apprised the court that the interim protection granted by the Bombay High Court expires today.

The Public Prosecutor did not oppose the extension of Chaudhari's interim protection from arrest.

Shubham Kar Chaudhari, a Climate activist has approached a Delhi Court seeking anticipatory bail in Toolkit documents case related to the farmer protest. Recently, he was granted transit bail by the Goa bench of Bombay High Court.

The Goa Bench had granted him protection from arrest until March 12, so that he could approach a court in Delhi, where an FIR had been registered under IPC Sections 124A (sedition), 153A (promoting enmity), and 120B (criminal conspiracy).

Additional Session Judge Dharmender Rana had earlier granted regular bail to climate activist Disha Ravi in the case.

The 21-year-old activist was arrested from Bengaluru in connection with the formulation and dissemination of a 'toolkit', in the ongoing farmers' protest. She was one of the editors of the document.

On February 3, Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg had shared this 'toolkit' in a tweet, which she later deleted. Greta had also extended support to the protest by farmer unions on the borders of Delhi against the new farm laws.

As per Delhi Police, the toolkit shared by the Swedish climate activist played a major role in turning the '26 January 2021 tractor parade' violent, allegedly leaving a few hundred police personnel injured.

"The toolkit was not created by a handful of activists in India but in collaboration with pro-Khalistani organisations," the Police had said. A Special Cell of the Delhi Police lodged an FIR against for creating and spreading the toolkit and to probe 'international conspiracy' to defame the country.

Latest news

b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth
BCAug 18, 2026

Goldstream Falls swimming incident: 27-year-old man dies

A 27-year-old man has died after getting into distress while swimming near Goldstream Falls in Goldstream Provincial Park on Monday evening. West Shore RCMP said officers responded to the incident at around 7:35 p.m. on August 17. The man reportedly went underwater while swimming near the waterfall and did not resurface. Bystanders pulled him from the water and immediately began life-saving measures. Police, BC Emergency Health Services and Langford Fire Department later arrived and continued the emergency response. The man was taken to hospital for further treatment but later succumbed to his
poilievre-attacks-carney-government-over-ev-mandate
BCAug 18, 2026

Poilievre Attacks Carney Government Over EV Mandate

Canada’s main opposition leader, Pierre Poilievre, has launched a strong attack on Prime Minister Mark Carney’s government over its electric vehicle policy. Poilievre alleges that while the government is moving to scrap the existing EV sales mandate, it is planning to bring back a similar requirement through the “back door” using tougher emissions standards. According to a notice published in the Canada Gazette, the government has recently started the process of repealing the previous EV Sales Mandate, which required 20 per cent of new vehicles sold in 2026 to be electric. Reacting to

Related News