19.11°C Vancouver

Nov 10, 2021 11:27 PM - Connect News

Backpack belonging to missing man located: Delta police

Share On
backpack-belonging-to-missing-man-located-delta-police
Delta Police confirm that a backpack belonging to missing person Anmol JAGAT was located on Nov. 7, 2021, and turned over to police that evening. Mr. JAGAT was last seen on October 24, 2021. (Photo - Delta police/Twitter)

Delta Police confirm that a backpack belonging to missing person Anmol JAGAT was located on Nov. 7, 2021, and turned over to police that evening. Mr. JAGAT was last seen on October 24, 2021.

"We want to say thank you to the alert youth who spotted the backpack in a wooded area in North Delta, and contacted police the same day. The youth was aware that police are searching for Anmol JAGAT and thought the backpack likely belonged to Anmol," says Cris Leykauf, spokesperson for Delta Police.

Police accompanied the youth to the location where the backpack was found, and conducted a preliminary search of the area the night of Nov. 7, but were hampered by darkness. Police returned the next day, and are continuing the search November 9, with a police dog.

South Fraser Search and Rescue has been contacted, and will be deploying again this week to assist in the search for Anmol. At this time police are not disclosing the location of where the backpack was located, as search conditions in the area are very challenging.

"While this search goes on, we continue to seek any further tips from the public about the whereabouts of Anmol JAGAT," says Cris Leykauf. "We have seen incidents where people have gone missing for days or weeks, before being located." However as weather is shifting, she acknowledges that time is of the essence to locate Anmol. He is described as 21 years old and:

• 6’1" tall with a medium build

• with long black hair and wears glasses

• last seen wearing black pants, black shoes, a white jacket and a green shirt, with a black toque.

Police do not believe foul play is a factor in Mr. JAGAT’s disappearance.

Latest news

two-arrested-in-brampton-online-dating-extortion-case
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Two Arrested in Brampton Online Dating Extortion Case

Peel Regional Police in Ontario have arrested a Punjabi man and a woman in connection with an alleged extortion scheme in Brampton involving an online dating platform. Police identified the accused as 35-year-old Harwinder Singh and 23-year-old Ria. Both have been charged with extortion, robbery and forcible confinement related to an e-transfer. Singh is also facing an additional charge of uttering threats. According to Peel police, in July, a victim was contacted through a messaging app by a fake profile using the name “Manisha Sharma.” The two later arranged to meet at a basement apartme
IndiaAug 19, 2026

Farmers Suspend Protest at Punjab-Haryana Border, Meeting with Manohar Lal Set for September 4

Farmer organizations protesting at the Punjab-Haryana border on Wednesday announced the temporary suspension of their agitation. The decision came after Haryana authorities proposed a meeting with Union Minister Manohar Lal on September 4 to discuss the farmers’ demands. The protesting farmers had been sitting at the Khanauri–Data Singh Wala border point. On August 16, Haryana Police stopped a group of 51 farmers from proceeding towards Delhi. The farmers were undertaking a 228-kilometre-long “Kisan Bachao Padyatra” (Save Farmers March) to oppose the proposed India-U.S. trade agreement
AlbertaAug 19, 2026

Alberta AI Data Centres Face Public Scrutiny at Lacombe Town Hall

Alberta’s Minister of Technology and Innovation, Nate Glubish, is holding a town hall meeting in Lacombe this evening to hear residents’ views and concerns about artificial intelligence (AI) data centres. Plans to establish large-scale data centres in the area have faced opposition from some local residents and environmental advocates. Critics are particularly concerned about the large amounts of water the facilities could consume, their potential impact on the environment, and the heavy electricity demand that could put additional pressure on Alberta’s power grid and potentially increas
b-c-governments-decision-to-shut-public-employee-directory-sparks-transparency-debate
BCAug 19, 2026

B.C. Government’s Decision to Shut Public Employee Directory Sparks Transparency Debate

The B.C. government’s decision under Premier David Eby to suddenly shut down its online directory of government employees to the general public has sparked a political controversy in the province. Opposition parties have accused the government of hiding information from the public and undermining transparency. The government, however, says the decision was made to protect employees’ safety, privacy and cybersecurity. Through the directory, members of the public could previously find out which employees worked in different government departments, their positions and how to contact them. Lan
poilievre-targets-liberal-government-over-catch-and-release-bail-system
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Poilievre Targets Liberal Government Over ‘Catch-and-Release’ Bail System

The issue of bail for serious offenders in Canada has once again come under the spotlight. Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has criticized the Liberal government, accusing it of allowing dangerous offenders to remain in the community because of what he calls weak bail laws. Poilievre pointed to a recent incident in Windsor, Ont., involving 22-year-old Qasim Sabi, who has been accused of sexually assaulting two young boys. Police say Sabi was already facing allegations in an earlier case and was out under court-ordered conditions when the latest incidents allegedly occurred. According to po

Related News