16.1°C Vancouver

News

moose-wala-murder-plot-hatched-in-delhis-tihar-jail
IndiaMay 30, 2022

Moose Wala murder plot hatched in Delhi's Tihar Jail?

The murder plot of Sidhu Moose Wala is suspected to have been hatched in Delhi's Tihar Jail, as a phone number in connection with the singer's killing has been tracked back to the jail, according to sources. A few days ago a criminal namely Shahrukh was arrested by Delhi Police. He was found to be using a messaging app to communicate from jail with Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar, who has claimed responsibility for the death of the singer. Since Brar is a member of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang, Delhi Police Special Cell suspecting the involvement of the gang is questioning gangster Bishnoi and h
sidhu-moose-wala-murder-inquiry-ordered-into-singers-security-reduction-commission-under-hc-judge-to-probe-case
IndiaMay 30, 2022

Sidhu Moose Wala murder: Inquiry ordered into singer's security reduction, commission under HC judge to probe case

Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Monday ordered an inquiry into the decision to reduce the security of Punjabi singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moose Wala, who was murdered in broad daylight on Sunday. The Chief Minister's Office, in a statement, said, "The Chief Minister has already ordered an inquiry at the highest level to enquire into the aspects of security reduction and fix responsibility." Mann "categorically" said that all the aspects of security reduction of the late singer are under scrutiny and the responsibility of lapse, if any, will be definitely fixed. Sidhu Moose Wala wa
sidhu-moose-walas-killing-revenge-for-vicky-middukheras-killing
IndiaMay 30, 2022

Sidhu Moose Wala's killing: Revenge for Vicky Middukhera's killing?

Delhi Police suspect that the murder of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala could be a result of the killing of Vikramjit alias Vicky Middukhera. According to the Delhi police special cell both Moose Wala and his manager were involved in the murder of Vicky in August last year. Special Cell of Delhi Police recently became aware of the nexus of notorious gangster Neeraj Bawania and Tillu Tajpuria. Bawania and Tajpuria teamed up with different gangsters Kaushal Chaudhary, Davinder Bhambia, and Lucky Patial from Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. The Delhi Police had arrested a
texas-governor-says-he-was-misled-about-the-police-response
WorldMay 28, 2022

Texas Governor says he was ``misled'' about the police response

Texas Governor Greg Abbott says he was ``misled'' about the police response to the shooting at the elementary school in Uvalde, and he's ``livid.'' In his earlier statements, the governor told a news conference, he was repeating what he had been told, and the information was inaccurate. Abbott said the response needs to be ``thoroughly, exhaustively'' investigated. 21 people were killed Tuesday when an 18-year-old gunman barricaded himself in a fourth-grade classroom at Robb Elementary School in the southwestern Texas town.
premier-horgan-and-his-western-and-territorial-counterparts-want-the-federal-government-to-open-the-purse-strings-to-improve-health-care
BCMay 27, 2022

Premier Horgan and his western and territorial counterparts want the federal government to open the purse strings to improve health care

Premier John Horgan says he and his western and territorial counterparts want the federal government to open the purse strings to improve health care. Horgan, who is at the Western Premiers Conference underway in Saskatchewan, says health-care services are not sustainable as the country emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic. He says provinces want a 28-billion-dollar boost in health transfers, pushing the federal share of health-care costs to 35 per cent from the current 22 per cent. Health-care issues launched the conference this morning but the premiers and territorial leaders are also schedul
man-dead-after-interaction-with-police-in-east-toronto-school-lockdowns-lifted
CanadaMay 27, 2022

Man dead after interaction with police in east Toronto; school lockdowns lifted

Toronto police say a man has died after an interaction with officers during which a police gun was fired. Police Chief James Ramer says officers were called to the city's east end around 1 p.m. on reports of a person with a gun. He says officers were confronted by an individual, and that person is now dead. Ramer declined to give more details, citing an investigation by the province's police watchdog. Police tweeted earlier Thursday that they had found the man and one of their firearms had been discharged. The Toronto District School Board said four schools near Maberley Crescent and Oxhorn R
national-rifle-association-pressing-ahead-with-its-annual-meeting-despite-the-mass-shooting-tragedy-in-texas
WorldMay 26, 2022

National Rifle Association pressing ahead with its annual meeting despite the mass shooting tragedy in Texas

The National Rifle Association is pressing ahead with its annual meeting in Houston, despite the mass shooting tragedy in Uvalde, Texas. The association has issued a statement making it clear the event will proceed as planned. It describes the shooting in Uvalde as the act of a ``lone, deranged criminal'' and suggests schools need to be more secure. 19 children and 2 teachers were killed in the mass shooting, all of them inside the same fourth-grade classroom.
texas-elementary-school-shooting-what-do-we-know-so-far
WorldMay 25, 2022

Texas elementary school shooting: What do we know so far?

An official says an 18-year-old gunman who killed 19 children and two teachers at a Texas elementary school barricaded himself inside a classroom, ``shooting anyone that was in his way.'' Lt. Christopher Olivarez of the Texas Department of Public Safety told NBC's ``Today'' that police and others responding to Tuesday's attack broke windows at the school in an effort to allow students and teachers inside to escape. Olivarez told CNN that all victims were in the same fourth-grade classroom at Robb Elementary School. Eventually law enforcement officers broke into the classroom and killed him.
canada-is-shipping-20-000-rounds-of-artillery-ammunition-to-ukraine-anita-anand
CanadaMay 24, 2022

Canada is shipping 20,000 rounds of artillery ammunition to Ukraine: Anita Anand

Defence Minister Anita Anand says Canada is shipping 20,000 rounds of artillery ammunition to Ukraine.Anand says the ammunition is ``exactly'' what Ukraine's government asked for from its allies. She says the rounds are the standard NATO artillery calibre and compatible with the artillery guns provided to Ukraine by Canada and other countries. In April, Canada shipped four M777 howitzers to Ukraine, part of more than $130 million in military equipment Canada has donated since Russia launched its unprovoked attack in Ukraine in February. The new ammunition comes with a price tag of $98 million,

Just In

b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth
BCAug 18, 2026

Goldstream Falls swimming incident: 27-year-old man dies

A 27-year-old man has died after getting into distress while swimming near Goldstream Falls in Goldstream Provincial Park on Monday evening. West Shore RCMP said officers responded to the incident at around 7:35 p.m. on August 17. The man reportedly went underwater while swimming near the waterfall and did not resurface. Bystanders pulled him from the water and immediately began life-saving measures. Police, BC Emergency Health Services and Langford Fire Department later arrived and continued the emergency response. The man was taken to hospital for further treatment but later succumbed to his
poilievre-attacks-carney-government-over-ev-mandate
BCAug 18, 2026

Poilievre Attacks Carney Government Over EV Mandate

Canada’s main opposition leader, Pierre Poilievre, has launched a strong attack on Prime Minister Mark Carney’s government over its electric vehicle policy. Poilievre alleges that while the government is moving to scrap the existing EV sales mandate, it is planning to bring back a similar requirement through the “back door” using tougher emissions standards. According to a notice published in the Canada Gazette, the government has recently started the process of repealing the previous EV Sales Mandate, which required 20 per cent of new vehicles sold in 2026 to be electric. Reacting to