20.43°C Vancouver

News

5-year-old-girl-hospitalized-with-critical-injuries-after-a-crash-between-two-cars-in-vancouver
BCJul 21, 2022

5 year old girl hospitalized with critical injuries after a crash between two cars in Vancouver

Police in Vancouver say a 5 year old girl has been hospitalized with critical injuries after a crash between two cars in the city's Kitsilano neighbourhood. They say the girl was hit while standing with her father and siblings when the two cars collided and careened onto the sidewalk. Police say no one else was injured and both drivers remained at the scene. The cause of the crash is under investigation and anyone with information who has not yet spoken to police is asked to contact the VPD.
west-shore-rcmp-stops-720-single-doses-of-suspected-fentanyl-from-distribution-within-our-communities
BCJul 20, 2022

West Shore RCMP stops 720 single doses of suspected Fentanyl from distribution within our communities

West Shore RCMP Major Crime Units teamed up during the execution of a search warrant in Langford and seized a significant amount of drugs and multiple weapons. On Friday, July 8, 2022, the West Shore RCMP Crime Reduction Unit and Drug & Organized Crime Unit worked together and executed a search warrant on a residence in the 600 block of Fairway Avenue in Langford.The officers located and seized:A shotgun;Airsoft guns;Ammunition;Cash;Approximately 720 single doses of suspected Fentanyl;Approximately 2490 single doses of suspected Methamphetamine;Approximately 160 single doses of suspected C
operation-safe-driver-week-commercial-vehicle-enforcement-across-the-lower-mainland-places-142-trucks-out-of-service
BCJul 20, 2022

Operation Safe Driver Week: Commercial vehicle enforcement across the Lower Mainland places 142 trucks out of service

Burnaby RCMP partnered with several commercial vehicle enforcement partner agencies from across the Lower Mainland from July 10 to 16 as part of Operation Safe Driver Week. Operation Safe Driver Week is an annual enforcement initiative led by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance that targets unsafe driving behaviours from commercial vehicle drivers. It is a North America-wide initiative that aims to use education and enforcement to improve driving behaviours with the goal of reducing crashes on our roadways.This year, the Lower Mainland Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Team conducted five oper
british-columbia-trains-recruits-more-allied-health-professionals
BCJul 19, 2022

British Columbia trains, recruits more allied health professionals

The province has announced it is funding 322 new health-care training seats at institutions around BC. Health Minister Adrian Dix says two dozen seats for urgently needed medical lab assistants will be established at Vancouver Community College, Camosun College and Thompson Rivers University's open leaning program. Advanced-care paramedics will get training at the Justice Institute of BC, while seats are also being fast-tracked for respiratory therapists at Thompson Rivers. The government says intake for more than two-thirds of those seats will be for this fall, although some will start as ea
vancouver-police-investigation-leads-to-charges-in-yaletown-homicide
BCJul 19, 2022

Vancouver Police investigation leads to charges in Yaletown homicide

Vancouver police say a second-degree murder charge have been laid in the stabbing death of 29 year old Justin Mohrmann in the city's Yaletown area last week. Police say 34 year old Lindsay Scott was arrested after a week-long investigation. There's no indication that the woman knew the victim and police say it's believed they were strangers. Police say they're still investigating Scott's movements leading up to the stabbing last Monday.
selina-robinson-says-shell-pass-on-the-opportunity-to-replace-premier-john-horgan
BCJul 19, 2022

Selina Robinson says, she'll pass on the opportunity to replace Premier John Horgan

Another NDP cabinet minister has ruled out running for the job to replace Premier John Horgan. Finance Minister Selina Robinson says she's looked ahead in her life for the next five to eight years and has decided to pass on the opportunity. Robinson says in a tweet that she has seriously considered the job and thanks those who offered their financial support or to work on her campaign. The New Democratic Party announced over the weekend that voting for Horgan's successor will start November 13th with the results released December third.
ottawa-to-provide-870-million-to-support-b-c-flood-landslide-recovery-efforts
BCJul 18, 2022

Ottawa to provide $870 million to support B.C. flood, landslide recovery efforts

Canada's emergency preparedness minister says Ottawa is providing $870 million to support recovery efforts after destructive flooding in British Columbia last fall. Bill Blair says the money is the first payment as part of a commitment the federal government made in the immediate aftermath of the severe weather, with more to come.He says the money is being distributed through the disaster financial assistance program.British Columbia has asked for about $5 billion from the program, and provincial Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth says getting access to the money can take time, so this adva
ripudaman-singh-maliks-son-doesnt-believe-his-fathers-murder-has-anything-to-do-with-the-acquittal-in-the-air-indian-bombing-trial
BCJul 16, 2022

Ripudaman Singh Malik's son doesn't believe his father's murder has anything to do with the acquittal in the Air Indian bombing trial

Ripudaman Singh Malik's son says he doesn't believe his father's murder in Surrey yesterday has anything to do with the acquittal in the Air Indian bombing trial 17 years ago. Jaspreet Singh Malik says he is ``very much convinced'' his dad's murder and results of the trial are unrelated, and he trusts the RCMP to solve this crime. A BC Supreme Court found Malik and a co-accused not guilty in the two bombings of Air India jets in June 1985 that killed 331 people. Police say the people inside a Honda CRV who shot Malik had been waiting for two about half hours for him to show up in the parking l
crews-still-checking-vancouver-building-for-possible-victims-after-roof-collapse
BCJul 16, 2022

Crews still checking Vancouver building for possible victims after roof collapse

A vacuum truck is in operation at the site of a search for a person under the rubble where a rooftop parking lot fell into an office building in east Vancouver. Assistant deputy fire chief Trevor Connelly says the situation is very unstable and crews are carefully combing through the piles of dirt, concrete and other debris to find the person. He says they believe the person is amid the rubble based on eyewitness reports and the location of their cellphone. The roof collapsed yesterday during construction on the parkade and eight people were pulled from the building last night, including two

Just In

18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in
42-year-old-man-charged-in-immigration-fraud-case-arrest-warrant-issued
CanadaAug 21, 2026

42-Year-Old Man Charged in Immigration Fraud Case, Arrest Warrant Issued

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has laid five charges against 42-year-old Abul Qasim for allegedly helping people enter Canada illegally and committing immigration fraud. An arrest warrant has also been issued for him. According to the CBSA, Qasim previously lived in Montreal but left Canada in June 2025 and is believed to be currently outside the country. The arrest warrant was issued after he failed to appear in response to a summons issued by a Montreal court. The CBSA began investigating the alleged scheme in 2024 after receiving confidential information from Immigration, Refugees