12.04°C Vancouver

Mar 16, 2021 9:17 AM -

Delhi Police would give seven days prior notice to accused, if they intend to arrest them, says Delhi Court

Share On
delhi-police-would-give-seven-days-prior-notice-to-accused-if-they-intend-to-arrest-them-says-delhi-court
Delhi Police would give seven days prior notice to accused, if they intend to arrest them, says Delhi Court

A Delhi Court while disposing of the anticipatory bail applications moved by Nikita Jacob, Shantanu Muluk and Shubham Kar Chaudhari said that the investigating agency/Delhi police would give seven days prior notice to the accused, in case they intend to arrest them in the 'Toolkit' document case related to the farmers' protest.

Additional Sessions Judge Dharmender Rana observed that when arrest becomes unavoidable, advance notice of seven working days shall be given to them to avail remedies.

During the course of the hearing, Additional Public Prosecutor (APP) Atul Srivastav appearing for the Delhi Police submitted, "Criticism of the government is a different thing, shouting slogans once or twice is not enough. But, they are attracting people of like bent through the cheat sheet. This is not healthy criticism. Once you say India or State, you can't criticise."

APP Atul Srivastava also submitted that the kind of hashtags Shantanu used created many doubts.

"Money was coming from Jeddah. It's not from England or something. The investigation is at the initial stage," argued APP Srivastava.

DCP Cyber Cell said, "All these entities are based abroad. Signal, Telegram and Proton Mail have the USP to show reluctance in sharing information with law enforcement agencies. All the data is end to end encrypted. It takes a lot of effort to get info from them. Platforms such as Signal are known for not being helpful to law enforcement agencies."

"Shantanu deleted the entire logs of his device since July, specific photographs of his Delhi visit has been deleted. Location data has also been deleted. These are not the data that was in the public domain. They were under password protection. Delhi Police says Shantanu was using an Apple device, he was also carrying an IPad even during the Delhi visit. The IPad is completely clean," he further said.


Advocate Soutik Banerjee appearing for climate activist Shubham Kar Chaudhari submitted, "I'm a liaison in South Asia. I've no direct or indirect role in determining what work a person would do. I'm not even required to be informed of what a chapter would do. I even didn't open or forward that toolkit."

"I have got anticipatory bail and today, I have appeared before them for a total of 16 days, approx 140 hours, where I have been confronted with Disha Ravi and others, our statements have been crosschecked, confrontation and all the documents have been seized," submitted Rebecca John who appeared for the accused Nikita Jacob in the matter.

Shantanu, lawyer of Vrinda Grover said, "I have already joined the investigation. I've been confronted with Disha Ravi and Nikita Jacob. Whatever I've said has been corroborated. There is no contradiction. My social media are crystal clear. The IP address is with them."

Additional Sessions Judge Dharmender Rana had earlier granted regular bail to climate activist Disha Ravi in the case. The 21-year-old activist was arrested from Bengaluru in connection with the formulation and dissemination of the 'toolkit' document, in the ongoing farmers' protest.

She was one of the editors of the 'toolkit' document.

On February 3, Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg had shared this 'toolkit' in a tweet, which she later deleted.

Greta had also extended support to the ongoing protest by farmer unions on the borders of Delhi against the three new farm laws.

As per the Delhi Police, the toolkit shared by the Swedish climate activist played a major role in turning the '26 January 2021 tractor parade' violent, leaving a few hundred police personnel injured.

Police said that the toolkit was not created by a handful of activists in India but in collaboration with pro-Khalistani organisations.

Special Cell of Delhi Police lodged an FIR for creating and spreading the toolkit and to probe 'international conspiracy' to defame India.

Latest news

man-pleads-guilty-to-manslaughter-in-fatal-coquitlam-pub-stabbing
BCMay 14, 2026

Man pleads guilty to manslaughter in fatal Coquitlam pub stabbing

A 33-year-old man has pleaded guilty to manslaughter in connection with a fatal stabbing outside a pub in Coquitlam last year, according to homicide investigators. The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team said Timothy Vansnick was originally charged with second-degree murder following the incident on Jan. 31, 2025. Police said the stabbing occurred after a fight outside the pub. Bystanders attempted first aid before emergency responders continued life-saving efforts, but the victim died at the scene. Investigators said Vansnick was charged with second-degree murder on Feb. 1, 2025. On Tuesda
water-restored-in-parts-of-kamloops-but-boil-water-advisory-and-restrictions-remain
BCMay 14, 2026

Water restored in parts of Kamloops, but boil water advisory and restrictions remain

Water service has been restored to parts of Kamloops following a major water main break in the city’s east end, but officials say the supply remains unsafe to drink as repair work continues. The City of Kamloops said potable water trucks will remain stationed at four locations in the affected area through Friday to provide residents with safe drinking water. According to the city, residents are also being asked to temporarily stop using water again until 6 p.m. Thursday while crews complete what officials described as a critical repair to the damaged main. City officials said the temporary s
vancouver-police-seek-public-help-locating-missing-man-last-seen-near-vgh
BCMay 14, 2026

Vancouver police seek public help locating missing man last seen near VGH

Vancouver Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a 30-year-old man who was last seen near Vancouver General Hospital early Thursday morning. According to a Vancouver Police Department release, Sahil Dhallay was last seen around midnight on May 14 in the area of Vancouver General Hospital. Police described Dhallay as a South Asian man who was wearing a brown hospital gown and no shoes at the time he was last seen. Authorities said anyone who sees Dhallay should call 9-1-1 immediately and should not approach him. The case remains under investigation as police continue efforts to l
alberta-court-blocks-separation-petition-over-lack-of-first-nations-consultation
AlbertaMay 14, 2026

Alberta court blocks separation petition over lack of First Nations consultation

An Alberta court has dismissed a petition related to separating the province from Canada, ruling the provincial government failed to meet its duty to consult First Nations before advancing the process. The court said any move toward separation from Canada could directly affect rights protected under Treaties 7 and 8, making consultation with affected Indigenous communities a constitutional requirement. Premier Danielle Smith criticized the ruling, calling it “wrong” and “anti-democratic.” Smith said the provincial government plans to appeal the decision immediately, arguing consultatio
honda-pauses-proposed-15b-ev-project-in-ontario-indefinitely
CanadaMay 14, 2026

Honda pauses proposed $15B EV project in Ontario indefinitely

Honda Motor Co. has indefinitely suspended plans for its proposed $15-billion electric vehicle project in Alliston, Ontario, a move that raises new questions about the pace of Canada’s EV manufacturing expansion. The company announced the decision Thursday, citing changing market conditions and slower consumer demand for electric vehicles. The proposed project was expected to create about 1,000 jobs in the region. Honda said the decision will not affect workers or production at its existing manufacturing facility in Alliston, where current operations will continue as planned. The project had

Related News