21.91°C Vancouver

Sep 9, 2021 1:09 AM -

B.C. reports 814 new COVID-19 cases; 22.2% fully vaccinated people found positive between Aug. 31 to Sept. 6

Share On
b-c-reports-814-new-covid-19-cases-22-2-fully-vaccinated-people-found-positive-between-aug-31-to-sept-6
B.C.'s provincial health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry during a press conference in Victoria. (Photo - B.C. Govt.)

B.C. is reporting 814 new cases of COVID-19, including 16 epi-linked cases, for a total of 171,564 cases in the province.

There are 5,550 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 163,793 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 261 individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,842.

From Aug. 31-Sept. 6, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 77.8% of cases and from Aug. 24-Sept. 6, they accounted for 85.9% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Aug. 31-Sept. 6) – Total 4,691

Not vaccinated: 3,247 (69.2%)

Partially vaccinated: 403 (8.6%)

Fully vaccinated: 1,041 (22.2%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Aug. 24-Sept. 6) – Total 233

Not vaccinated: 184 (79.0%)

Partially vaccinated: 16 (6.9%)

Fully vaccinated: 33 (14.2%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population (Aug. 31-Sept. 6)

Not vaccinated: 244.4

Partially vaccinated: 108.3

Fully vaccinated: 30.0

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population (Aug. 24-Sept. 6)

Not vaccinated: 13.7

Partially vaccinated: 4.1

Fully vaccinated: 1.0

Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,557,556 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

85.2% (3,949,169) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 77.7% (3,601,169) received their second dose.

Latest news

poilievre-targets-liberal-government-over-catch-and-release-bail-system
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Poilievre Targets Liberal Government Over ‘Catch-and-Release’ Bail System

The issue of bail for serious offenders in Canada has once again come under the spotlight. Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has criticized the Liberal government, accusing it of allowing dangerous offenders to remain in the community because of what he calls weak bail laws. Poilievre pointed to a recent incident in Windsor, Ont., involving 22-year-old Qasim Sabi, who has been accused of sexually assaulting two young boys. Police say Sabi was already facing allegations in an earlier case and was out under court-ordered conditions when the latest incidents allegedly occurred. According to po
canadas-wildfire-season-could-rank-among-countrys-worst-on-record
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Canada’s wildfire season could rank among country’s worst on record

Canada’s 2026 wildfire season is on track to become the country’s fourth-worst on record, with millions of hectares already affected and hundreds of fires still active. Federal Emergency Management Minister Eleanor Olszewski said during a virtual briefing Tuesday evening that the country remains in the middle of the wildfire season, with some regions facing difficult and uncertain conditions. According to the federal government, about 4.1 million hectares have been affected by wildfires so far this season. Roughly 580 fires are currently active across Canada, including about 30 that remain
b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth

Related News