18.31°C Vancouver

Jun 27, 2020 2:00 AM -

Why unarmed soldiers were sent to face Chinese soldiers: Priyanka Gandhi asks PM Modi

Share On
why-unarmed-soldiers-were-sent-to-face-chinese-soldiers-priyanka-gandhi-asks-pm-modi
Priyanka Gandhi posted a video on Twitter, with the caption, "People of India want to know why you (PM) sent our unarmed soldiers to face Chinese soldiers. The land on which they lost their lives is our land; we will not let you give our land to China. PM Modi has to answer questions asked from you. #SpeakUpForOurJawans" Photo-ANI

Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Friday launched a scathing attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the ongoing India-China standoff and asked 'why PM sent unarmed soldiers to face Chinese soldiers'.

Priyanka Gandhi posted a video on Twitter, with the caption, "People of India want to know why you (PM) sent our unarmed soldiers to face Chinese soldiers. The land on which they lost their lives is our land; we will not let you give our land to China. PM Modi has to answer questions asked from you. #SpeakUpForOurJawans"

In the video, she said it is our duty to respect the 'martyrdom' of the soldiers who have lost their lives in Ladakh's Galwan face-off with Chinese troops.

"On June 15, Chinese soldiers have 'brutally killed' our 20 brave soldiers. They were unarmed. They died for our safety. Their kins and families will have to bear the pain for a lifetime. I personally understand their pains based on my experience. As a citizen it is our duty to not waste their martyrdom, it is our duty to respect their martyrdom," she said.

"Various questions arose from PM's statement and raising these questions is our duty. When PM Modi was having a friendship with Chinese leaders, what they talked about, what type of agreements have they signed, which have given the audacity to China to capture our land. It is pertinent for our citizens to know why you (PM) have sent the soldiers unarmed," she attacked Prime Minister again which is in sync with his party's strategy to question Prime Minister Narendra Modi's statement given during all-party meet called to discuss the incidents of June 15.

Congress leader further said that the nation wants to know, who allowed Chinese soldiers to come in our territory. How did they come, and why?

India and China have been involved in talks to ease the ongoing border tensions since last month. However, last week as many as 20 Indian soldiers lost their lives in a violent face-off in the Galwan Valley after an attempt by the Chinese troops to unilaterally change the status quo during the de-escalation in eastern Ladakh.

Latest news

b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth
BCAug 18, 2026

Goldstream Falls swimming incident: 27-year-old man dies

A 27-year-old man has died after getting into distress while swimming near Goldstream Falls in Goldstream Provincial Park on Monday evening. West Shore RCMP said officers responded to the incident at around 7:35 p.m. on August 17. The man reportedly went underwater while swimming near the waterfall and did not resurface. Bystanders pulled him from the water and immediately began life-saving measures. Police, BC Emergency Health Services and Langford Fire Department later arrived and continued the emergency response. The man was taken to hospital for further treatment but later succumbed to his
poilievre-attacks-carney-government-over-ev-mandate
BCAug 18, 2026

Poilievre Attacks Carney Government Over EV Mandate

Canada’s main opposition leader, Pierre Poilievre, has launched a strong attack on Prime Minister Mark Carney’s government over its electric vehicle policy. Poilievre alleges that while the government is moving to scrap the existing EV sales mandate, it is planning to bring back a similar requirement through the “back door” using tougher emissions standards. According to a notice published in the Canada Gazette, the government has recently started the process of repealing the previous EV Sales Mandate, which required 20 per cent of new vehicles sold in 2026 to be electric. Reacting to

Related News