21.36°C Vancouver

Oct 4, 2024 2:24 PM - Connect Newsroom - Mandeep Kaur

Vibhav Kumar announced as chief advisor to CM Bhagwant Mann - Reports

Share On
vibhav-kumar-announced-as-chief-advisor-to-cm-bhagwant-mann
Vibhav Kumar was recently granted bail in the case of assaulting Swati Maliwal at the Chief Minister's residence in Delhi.

An RTI activist has claimed that Vibhav Kumar, the former personal assistant to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, has been quietly appointed as the Chief Advisor to Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann. The claim, made by RTI activist Manik Goyal, has triggered sharp political reactions in Punjab.

According to reports, several rooms at the Punjab Chief Minister’s official residence have been vacated to accommodate Vibhav Kumar, who is said to be working under Kejriwal’s direct supervision. Kumar was recently granted bail in the case of assaulting AAP MP Swati Maliwal at the Delhi Chief Minister’s residence.

Reacting to the development, Congress MLA from Bhulath, Sukhpal Singh Khaira, said that if reports of Vibhav Kumar’s appointment are true, it indicates that Arvind Kejriwal has effectively taken direct control of the Punjab government, calling the move “highly condemnable.”

The Punjab government has not yet issued an official confirmation or denial regarding the appointment. Opposition parties have demanded clarity, calling it a matter of administrative transparency and autonomy.

Latest news

IndiaAug 19, 2026

Farmers Suspend Protest at Punjab-Haryana Border, Meeting with Manohar Lal Set for September 4

Farmer organizations protesting at the Punjab-Haryana border on Wednesday announced the temporary suspension of their agitation. The decision came after Haryana authorities proposed a meeting with Union Minister Manohar Lal on September 4 to discuss the farmers’ demands. The protesting farmers had been sitting at the Khanauri–Data Singh Wala border point. On August 16, Haryana Police stopped a group of 51 farmers from proceeding towards Delhi. The farmers were undertaking a 228-kilometre-long “Kisan Bachao Padyatra” (Save Farmers March) to oppose the proposed India-U.S. trade agreement
AlbertaAug 19, 2026

Alberta AI Data Centres Face Public Scrutiny at Lacombe Town Hall

Alberta’s Minister of Technology and Innovation, Nate Glubish, is holding a town hall meeting in Lacombe this evening to hear residents’ views and concerns about artificial intelligence (AI) data centres. Plans to establish large-scale data centres in the area have faced opposition from some local residents and environmental advocates. Critics are particularly concerned about the large amounts of water the facilities could consume, their potential impact on the environment, and the heavy electricity demand that could put additional pressure on Alberta’s power grid and potentially increas
b-c-governments-decision-to-shut-public-employee-directory-sparks-transparency-debate
BCAug 19, 2026

B.C. Government’s Decision to Shut Public Employee Directory Sparks Transparency Debate

The B.C. government’s decision under Premier David Eby to suddenly shut down its online directory of government employees to the general public has sparked a political controversy in the province. Opposition parties have accused the government of hiding information from the public and undermining transparency. The government, however, says the decision was made to protect employees’ safety, privacy and cybersecurity. Through the directory, members of the public could previously find out which employees worked in different government departments, their positions and how to contact them. Lan
poilievre-targets-liberal-government-over-catch-and-release-bail-system
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Poilievre Targets Liberal Government Over ‘Catch-and-Release’ Bail System

The issue of bail for serious offenders in Canada has once again come under the spotlight. Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has criticized the Liberal government, accusing it of allowing dangerous offenders to remain in the community because of what he calls weak bail laws. Poilievre pointed to a recent incident in Windsor, Ont., involving 22-year-old Qasim Sabi, who has been accused of sexually assaulting two young boys. Police say Sabi was already facing allegations in an earlier case and was out under court-ordered conditions when the latest incidents allegedly occurred. According to po
canadas-wildfire-season-could-rank-among-countrys-worst-on-record
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Canada’s wildfire season could rank among country’s worst on record

Canada’s 2026 wildfire season is on track to become the country’s fourth-worst on record, with millions of hectares already affected and hundreds of fires still active. Federal Emergency Management Minister Eleanor Olszewski said during a virtual briefing Tuesday evening that the country remains in the middle of the wildfire season, with some regions facing difficult and uncertain conditions. According to the federal government, about 4.1 million hectares have been affected by wildfires so far this season. Roughly 580 fires are currently active across Canada, including about 30 that remain

Related News