18.29°C Vancouver

May 11, 2022 3:12 PM - ANI

Punjab CM seeks report from DGP, intelligence officers over Mohali blast

Share On
punjab-cm-seeks-report-from-dgp-intelligence-officers-over-mohali-blast
Mohali Blast - ANI

Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Tuesday sought a report from the Director-General of Police (DGP) and intelligence officers over the last night's explosion in Mohali, stating that strict punishment will be given to the culprits.

He held a meeting with DGP and other officers into the matter at his residence and sought a report on the course of action taken so far. "Those who are trying to ruin Punjab's atmosphere won't be spared. I sought a report from DGP and other intelligence officers. Strict punishment will be given. Things will be more clear by evening. Probe on," said the Punjab CM after the meeting.

On Monday night, a minor blast occurred outside the Punjab Police Intelligence Headquarters in Mohali. There was no casualty or loss of life but police said it has not ruled out a terror angle in the incident, in which they say that the attack took place from outside the building with a rocket-propelled grenade. "A minor explosion was reported at the Punjab Police Intelligence headquarters in sector 77, SAS Nagar at around 7:45 pm. No damage has been reported. Senior officers are on the spot and an investigation is being done," Mohali police had said on Monday.

On being asked whether it can be considered a terrorist attack, Mohali SP (HQ) Ravinder Pal Singh told the media persons," It can't be ignored. We are investigating it."

Latest news

cta-orders-westjet-to-remove-power-wheelchair-weight-limit
CanadaAug 20, 2026

CTA Orders WestJet to Remove Power Wheelchair Weight Limit

The Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA) has ordered WestJet, Canada’s second-largest airline, to eliminate the weight limit it imposes on power wheelchairs carried on its aircraft. The regulator ruled that WestJet’s weight restriction creates an unreasonable barrier for passengers living with disabilities and must be removed before July 2027. The case came to light following a complaint filed by Winnipeg resident and former federal cabinet minister Steven Fletcher, who was prevented from boarding a WestJet flight last year because of the weight of his customized electric wheelchair. WestJ
BCAug 20, 2026

15-Year-Old Charged After Allegedly Threatening to Burn Down Port Coquitlam Home

A 15-year-old youth has been criminally charged after allegedly making threats to burn down a home in Port Coquitlam. According to Coquitlam RCMP, the case relates to an incident that occurred on May 17 this year. Following an investigation by the General Investigation Section and a review of the evidence, the B.C. Prosecution Service approved the charges on August 4. The youth’s identity has not been released because of his age under the Youth Criminal Justice Act. Police also clarified that he is not a resident of the Port Coquitlam area. The youth is facing three charges, including mischi
poilievre-invites-irans-exiled-crown-prince-reza-pahlavi-to-visit-canada
CanadaAug 20, 2026

Poilievre invites Iran’s exiled Crown Prince Reza Pahlavi to visit Canada

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has invited Iran’s former Crown Prince Reza Pahlavi to visit Canada and said he plans to meet with him virtually to discuss democracy and the safety of the Iranian diaspora. Speaking at a Persian Town Hall in British Columbia on Aug. 15, Poilievre said Canadians and foreign governments should not decide who leads Iran, but stressed that the country should ultimately be free and democratic and governed by the Iranian people. Pahlavi, 65, is the son of Iran’s former Shah, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, whose rule ended with the 1979 Islamic Revolution. He now liv
carney-urges-premiers-to-lift-ban-on-u-s-alcohol
CanadaAug 20, 2026

Carney Urges Premiers to Lift Ban on U.S. Alcohol

Prime Minister Mark Carney has urged Canada’s provincial premiers to remove restrictions on U.S. alcohol as Ottawa works to finalize an interim trade agreement with the United States. Trade negotiations between Canada and the U.S. are continuing after President Donald Trump delayed the implementation of a proposed 50 per cent tariff until Friday. Washington has repeatedly raised concerns over Canada’s restrictions on American alcohol products. Because provincial governments control the sale and distribution of alcohol in Canada, Carney held a virtual meeting with the premiers on Wednesday
canada-could-get-tariff-relief-on-steel-aluminum-and-automobiles
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Canada Could Get Tariff Relief on Steel, Aluminum and Automobiles

Canada could receive some tariff relief on steel, aluminum and automobiles under a new trade deal with the United States that is reportedly nearing completion. According to reports, Washington could reduce the current 50% tariff on some Canadian steel and aluminum exports to 25% as part of the agreement. However, the details have not yet been finalized, and the new rates are not expected to apply equally to all products. Different tariffs could be imposed on certain steel- and aluminum-derived products. Meanwhile, the top-line tariff on automobiles could reportedly be reduced from 25% to 15%.

Related News