16.95°C Vancouver

Aug 31, 2022 12:32 AM - Connect News

Police investigating suspicious incident on Quayside drive in New Westminster

Share On
police-investigating-suspicious-incident-on-quayside-drive-in-new-westminster
New Westminster Police Department was notified about a suspicious incident that occurred earlier in the evening at approximately 7:30pm on Quayside Drive. (Photo - New Westminster police/Twitter)

On August 27th, 2022 at 10:20pm, the New Westminster Police Department was notified about a suspicious incident that occurred earlier in the evening at approximately 7:30pm on Quayside Drive. The victim said they were walking on the sidewalk along Quayside Drive when they were approached by a blue van with two male occupants. The passenger exited the vehicle and attempted to grab the victim without success before getting back in the van, laughing, and driving away.

The passenger is described as a South Asian male, 6’0’ tall, medium build, approximately 35 to 40 years old, with a trimmed beard, and wearing a black jacket. There was no description provided for the driver.

"This incident was quite shocking for the victim," stated Sergeant Justine THOM. "While incidents like this are rare, we encourage the public to be always be vigilant. We recommend you be aware of your surroundings and report any suspicious activity to police."

Investigators are also reaching out to the public in hopes of locating any dash camera footage from this area. If you witnessed this incident, have dash camera footage, or have any information to assist investigators, please contact us by calling 604-525-5411 and referencing file 22-13060.

Latest news

canada-us-trade-talks-collapse-as-ottawa-vows-dollar-for-dollar-tariff-response
CanadaAug 22, 2026

Canada-US trade talks collapse as Ottawa vows dollar-for-dollar tariff response

Canada has ended its latest round of trade negotiations with the United States after Ottawa said Washington changed key conditions near the deadline, prompting Prime Minister Mark Carney to recall Canadian negotiators from the talks. Carney said the revised U.S. terms were unreasonable and harmful to Canada’s interests. He said the government would move quickly to support Canadian workers and businesses affected by the trade measures and would respond to U.S. tariffs on a dollar-for-dollar basis. U.S. Trade Representative Jamieson Greer, meanwhile, said Canada rejected an opportunity for a d
18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
leaders-condemn-nanaksar-gurdwara-attack-call-for-action-against-anti-sikh-hate
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in

Related News