16.56°C Vancouver

Jul 1, 2020 2:03 AM -

PM did not speak on border tensions, fuel price hike during address to nation: IYC

Share On
pm-did-not-speak-on-border-tensions-fuel-price-hike-during-address-to-nation-iyc
Indian Youth Congress (IYC) on Tuesday said that Prime Minister Narendra did not speak on India-China border tensions, unemployment, increasing price of petrol and diesel and "businesses going down" during his address to the nation.Photo-ANI

Indian Youth Congress (IYC) on Tuesday said that Prime Minister Narendra did not speak on India-China border tensions, unemployment, increasing price of petrol and diesel and "businesses going down" during his address to the nation.

"As expected, Prime Minister once again mute on China! Why?" IYC said in a tweet.

"Nothing on dispute with China, nothing on impact of petrol and diesel prices, nothing on businesses going down and nothing on young people who are unemployed. Modiji came and gave a rehearsed, prepared speech," it said in another tweet.

Referring to government decision of banning 59 China-linked apps, IYC said if there was no intrusion in the territory, why the apps including TikTok were banned.

"Now tell the truth," IYC said.

Earlier, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi said the Prime Minister Narendra Modi should tell the nation how he proposes to drive the Chinese troops out of Ladakh.

"The whole country knows that China has snatched India's land. We all know the Chinese are at four places in Ladakh. Please tell the country how you will evict the Chinese troops and when?" he asked in a video.

He had also hit out at Prime Minister Modi-led government claiming that imports from China have increased under the NDA regime.

"Facts don't lie. BJP says: Make in India. BJP does: Buy from China," Gandhi said in a tweet long with a graphic of the percentage of imports from China during the UPA rule and the NDA government.

The graphic claims that imports from China were at a maximum of around 14 per cent during six years of Congress-led UPA government from 2008 and had touched about 18 per cent during the first term of Modi government.

Latest news

poilievre-targets-liberal-government-over-catch-and-release-bail-system
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Poilievre Targets Liberal Government Over ‘Catch-and-Release’ Bail System

The issue of bail for serious offenders in Canada has once again come under the spotlight. Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has criticized the Liberal government, accusing it of allowing dangerous offenders to remain in the community because of what he calls weak bail laws. Poilievre pointed to a recent incident in Windsor, Ont., involving 22-year-old Qasim Sabi, who has been accused of sexually assaulting two young boys. Police say Sabi was already facing allegations in an earlier case and was out under court-ordered conditions when the latest incidents allegedly occurred. According to po
canadas-wildfire-season-could-rank-among-countrys-worst-on-record
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Canada’s wildfire season could rank among country’s worst on record

Canada’s 2026 wildfire season is on track to become the country’s fourth-worst on record, with millions of hectares already affected and hundreds of fires still active. Federal Emergency Management Minister Eleanor Olszewski said during a virtual briefing Tuesday evening that the country remains in the middle of the wildfire season, with some regions facing difficult and uncertain conditions. According to the federal government, about 4.1 million hectares have been affected by wildfires so far this season. Roughly 580 fires are currently active across Canada, including about 30 that remain
b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth

Related News