25.88°C Vancouver

Feb 15, 2024 5:01 PM - The Connect News

Pierre Poilievre a big attack on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

Share On
pierre-poilievre-a-big-attack-on-prime-minister-justin-trudeau
Poilievre said that Trudeau's national defense plan to protect Canada has become dependent on Biden and Trump, who are putting America in charge of Canada's future.

Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre has launched a major attack on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Speaking to reporters in Montreal on Thursday morning, he said that Justin Trudeau has made Canada weak, poor and defenseless.

Poilievre said that Trudeau's national defense plan to protect Canada has become dependent on Biden and Trump, who are putting America in charge of Canada's future. Polivray said that I will not allow this to happen, we will take control of our country and defense back in our hands.

The Conservative leader made this comment when asked by reporters if he

If he becomes PM, how will he meet the NATO defense spending target? He said that the Conservative government will stop wasteful foreign aid to strengthen Canada's defense and military, which benefit dictatorial terrorists and multinational bureaucrats, and eliminate corruption at all levels. It is worth noting that Canada is far behind in military spending compared to other NATO members.

Latest news

AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in
42-year-old-man-charged-in-immigration-fraud-case-arrest-warrant-issued
CanadaAug 21, 2026

42-Year-Old Man Charged in Immigration Fraud Case, Arrest Warrant Issued

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has laid five charges against 42-year-old Abul Qasim for allegedly helping people enter Canada illegally and committing immigration fraud. An arrest warrant has also been issued for him. According to the CBSA, Qasim previously lived in Montreal but left Canada in June 2025 and is believed to be currently outside the country. The arrest warrant was issued after he failed to appear in response to a summons issued by a Montreal court. The CBSA began investigating the alleged scheme in 2024 after receiving confidential information from Immigration, Refugees
33-year-old-woman-arrested-after-multi-vehicle-crash-on-highway-1-in-abbotsford
BCAug 21, 2026

33-Year-Old Woman Arrested After Multi-Vehicle Crash on Highway 1 in Abbotsford

Abbotsford police have arrested a 33-year-old woman in connection with a multi-vehicle crash on Highway 1 Thursday night. Police say her red car collided with three other vehicles, including a semi-truck. The crash happened at around 10:41 p.m. in the eastbound lanes of Highway 1 near the Brander Road rest area. When officers arrived at the scene, they found several vehicles heavily damaged. According to the preliminary investigation, the woman was driving a Chevrolet Spark. The impact was severe, with part of the car's roof torn off and a tire coming off another vehicle. Despite the severity

Related News