17.82°C Vancouver

Jun 9, 2022 3:01 PM - ANI

One main conspirator fled the country, another absconding in Sidhu Moose Wala murder case: Sources

Share On
one-main-conspirator-fled-the-country-another-absconding-in-sidhu-moose-wala-murder-case-sources
Sidhu Moose Wala (photo : ANI)

A day after Delhi Police on Wednesday said gangster Lawrence Bishnoi, currently in its custody, was the mastermind behind singer Sidhu Moose Wala's murder, intelligence agencies have now learnt that Bishnoi's brother Anmol has fled the country and Bishnoi's nephew Sachin is absconding.

Sources in intelligence agencies told ANI, "Sachin Bishnoi, who took the responsibility of killing Sidhu Moose Wala, is expected to leave the country, while according to intelligence agencies, Lawrence Bishnoi's brother Anmol Bishnoi has already left the country."

According to the police sources, both of them were likely the main coordinators of the Punjabi singer's murder.

If sources are to be believed, Lawrence Bishnoi was aware of this. Anmol left the country right after the plan was executed, while Sachin is also feared to have left the country. Sources said that Sachin himself had claimed responsibility for the incident, while Anmol's name had cropped up during the interrogation of those arrested by the Punjab Police.

Sources said that so far, five shooters have been identified, while the one who has been caught by the police so far is not the shooter but only involved in the conspiracy in some way or the other.

Saurabh Mahakal, a resident of Maharashtra, was arrested in a joint operation by Mumbai and Delhi Police. Mahakal has told the police officials during interrogation that Santosh alias Sonu, a resident of Pune, Maharashtra, was involved in the shooting, while Priyavrat and Manjeet, residents of Sonipat, were also present during the shooting and opened fire. The footage of both of them was found in a CCTV located near the incident, in which they were in the same Bolero from which Moosewala was chased.

The police also have two more pictures, Manpreet and Jagroop, residents of Tarn Taran in Punjab. It is believed that he was also involved in the shooting. It is learned that Lawrence Bishnoi was running a racket of extortion from singers in Punjab.

Latest news

b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth
BCAug 18, 2026

Goldstream Falls swimming incident: 27-year-old man dies

A 27-year-old man has died after getting into distress while swimming near Goldstream Falls in Goldstream Provincial Park on Monday evening. West Shore RCMP said officers responded to the incident at around 7:35 p.m. on August 17. The man reportedly went underwater while swimming near the waterfall and did not resurface. Bystanders pulled him from the water and immediately began life-saving measures. Police, BC Emergency Health Services and Langford Fire Department later arrived and continued the emergency response. The man was taken to hospital for further treatment but later succumbed to his
poilievre-attacks-carney-government-over-ev-mandate
BCAug 18, 2026

Poilievre Attacks Carney Government Over EV Mandate

Canada’s main opposition leader, Pierre Poilievre, has launched a strong attack on Prime Minister Mark Carney’s government over its electric vehicle policy. Poilievre alleges that while the government is moving to scrap the existing EV sales mandate, it is planning to bring back a similar requirement through the “back door” using tougher emissions standards. According to a notice published in the Canada Gazette, the government has recently started the process of repealing the previous EV Sales Mandate, which required 20 per cent of new vehicles sold in 2026 to be electric. Reacting to

Related News