18.96°C Vancouver

Jun 7, 2022 4:46 PM - ANI

National Herald Case: Sonia Gandhi to skip ED questioning tomorrow

Share On
national-herald-case-sonia-gandhi-to-skip-ed-questioning-tomorrow
Congress interim president Sonia Gandhi. (File Photo)

Congress interim president Sonia Gandhi will skip the Enforcement Directorate summon in connection with a money laundering case in the National Herald case as she has not yet tested negative for COVID-19. She was summoned by the probe agency on June 8.

According to sources, Sonia Gandhi who tested positive on June 2 for COVID-19 infection is still COVID positive. Although she is recovering but can't join the probe till her COVID test is negative. However, the final call will be taken as per the doctor's advice about her health following which the decision will be taken to join the investigation.

Rahul Gandhi has also been summoned to join the investigation on June 13. He was earlier summoned to Join the investigation but he was out of the country and later he was given a fresh Date of June 13 to join the probe.

Meanwhile, the Congress party is alleging that it's a "political vendetta" and the case has no grounds for investigation

Latest news

AlbertaMay 21, 2026

Czech snowboarder dies after fall into glacier crevasse in Jasper National Park

A 38-year-old man from the Czech Republic has died after falling into a crevasse on the Columbia Icefield in Alberta’s Jasper National Park, according to RCMP. Police said officers were called to the Columbia Icefield area on May 12 after reports that a snowboarder had fallen into a glacier crevasse while travelling with two friends. RCMP identified the victim as a Czech national who had been living in Revelstoke, B.C. Police said recovery efforts were complicated by the remote terrain and harsh environmental conditions, delaying immediate access to the body. The Columbia Icefield is a major
alberta-premier-danielle-smith-expected-to-announce-cabinet-shuffle
AlbertaMay 21, 2026

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith expected to announce cabinet shuffle

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith is expected to announce changes to her cabinet in Calgary on Thursday, with several high-profile portfolios potentially changing hands. Smith has not publicly confirmed which ministers may be moved, added, or removed from cabinet. According to previous public statements from the government, at least two major portfolios are vacant after Finance Minister Nate Horner and Hospitals Minister Matt Jones announced they will not seek re-election in 2027 and plan to step away from cabinet duties. Speculation has centred on Social Services Minister Jason Nixon as a possib
CanadaMay 21, 2026

Ontario investigating suspected Ebola case linked to East Africa travel

Ontario health officials say a patient who recently returned from East Africa has been hospitalized and tested for Ebola as a precautionary measure. A spokesperson for the Ontario Ministry of Health said the testing is being conducted under established medical protocols and “out of an abundance of caution.” Officials said there are currently no confirmed Ebola cases in the province. Public health authorities said infection-control measures have been implemented to reduce any potential risk of transmission. Officials also emphasized that Ebola does not spread easily through the air and said
CanadaMay 21, 2026

Toronto Pearson airport baggage tag scam linked to international drug smuggling investigation

A suspected international drug smuggling network operating through Toronto Pearson International Airport has been uncovered following the arrest of six baggage and ramp employees over the past year, according to reports citing an RCMP investigation. Authorities allege the scheme involved switching baggage tags on passengers’ luggage and replacing them with suitcases containing illegal drugs destined for international locations. The operation allegedly led to several innocent Canadian travellers being detained abroad on drug trafficking allegations. Reports indicate at least 17 passengers wer
AlbertaMay 21, 2026

Edmonton police seize $8M worth of cocaine in multi-province drug investigation

Edmonton police say a nearly two-year joint investigation involving police agencies in Ontario and Winnipeg has led to the seizure of $37.2 million worth of illegal drugs across Canada and the arrest of 33 people. According to the Edmonton Police Service, officers executed a search warrant on April 16 in the area of 109 Street and Jasper Avenue, where investigators seized approximately 80 kilograms of cocaine, 176 grams of methamphetamine, 50 pounds of buffing agent, a firearm, ammunition and about $30,000 in cash. Police estimated the street value of the cocaine at roughly $8 million. A 21-ye

Related News