21.73°C Vancouver

Jun 4, 2024 2:36 PM - Connect Newsroom

Lok Sabha Elections: Bharatiya Janata Party was given a big fight by India Alliance

Share On
lok-sabha-elections-bharatiya-janata-party-was-given-a-big-fight-by-india-alliance
In the trends, the NDA has suffered major losses in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal. P. M. Modi won from Varanasi by more than 1.5 lakh votes from Congress candidate Ajay Rai, his third consecutive win from here.(Photo: Facebook/Indian National Congress)

Bharatiya Janata Party has been given a big fight by India Alliance in the Lok Sabha elections. BJP on its own seems to be lagging behind the majority by 32 seats, in 2019 the party got 303 seats. However, NDA is seen forming the government with 298 seats. There, the India alliance of Congress, Samajwadi Party and other opposition parties is ahead in 228 seats.

In the trends, the NDA has suffered major losses in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal. P. M. Modi won from Varanasi by more than 1.5 lakh votes from Congress candidate Ajay Rai, his third consecutive win from here. Rahul Gandhi held a press conference after the India Alliance gave a tough fight to the BJP, he said that this fight was to save the constitution and fight poverty. Meanwhile, he also connected Modi with Adani.

At the same time, Congress party president Mallikarjun Kharge said that our campaign was positive, that's why people joined us. He said that the kind of campaign conducted by PM will be remembered in history.

Latest news

b-c-governments-decision-to-shut-public-employee-directory-sparks-transparency-debate
BCAug 19, 2026

B.C. Government’s Decision to Shut Public Employee Directory Sparks Transparency Debate

The B.C. government’s decision under Premier David Eby to suddenly shut down its online directory of government employees to the general public has sparked a political controversy in the province. Opposition parties have accused the government of hiding information from the public and undermining transparency. The government, however, says the decision was made to protect employees’ safety, privacy and cybersecurity. Through the directory, members of the public could previously find out which employees worked in different government departments, their positions and how to contact them. Lan
poilievre-targets-liberal-government-over-catch-and-release-bail-system
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Poilievre Targets Liberal Government Over ‘Catch-and-Release’ Bail System

The issue of bail for serious offenders in Canada has once again come under the spotlight. Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has criticized the Liberal government, accusing it of allowing dangerous offenders to remain in the community because of what he calls weak bail laws. Poilievre pointed to a recent incident in Windsor, Ont., involving 22-year-old Qasim Sabi, who has been accused of sexually assaulting two young boys. Police say Sabi was already facing allegations in an earlier case and was out under court-ordered conditions when the latest incidents allegedly occurred. According to po
canadas-wildfire-season-could-rank-among-countrys-worst-on-record
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Canada’s wildfire season could rank among country’s worst on record

Canada’s 2026 wildfire season is on track to become the country’s fourth-worst on record, with millions of hectares already affected and hundreds of fires still active. Federal Emergency Management Minister Eleanor Olszewski said during a virtual briefing Tuesday evening that the country remains in the middle of the wildfire season, with some regions facing difficult and uncertain conditions. According to the federal government, about 4.1 million hectares have been affected by wildfires so far this season. Roughly 580 fires are currently active across Canada, including about 30 that remain
b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic

Related News