22.11°C Vancouver

Jun 1, 2022 2:07 PM - ANI

Lawrence Bishnoi not cooperating during interrogation, says Police sources

Share On
lawrence-bishnoi-not-cooperating-during-interrogation-says-police-sources
Lawrence Bishnoi not cooperating during interrogation_ANI

Gangster Lawrence Bishnoi, whose name surfaced in singer Sidhu Moose Wala's murder case, is reportedly not cooperating with the police during the investigation.

Moosewala was shot dead on Sunday in Punjab's Mansa district. A Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar has claimed responsibility for the killing.

Delhi Police Special Cell has obtained 5-day custody of Lawrence Bishnoi, He was currently lodged in Tihar Jail and is now interrogated by the special cell.

Lawrence Bishnoi is being interrogated in connection with the murder of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala. During interrogation with the police, Lawrence said that he had nothing to do with Moose Wala's murder.

And Lawrence is also disassociating himself from the social media post in which his gang member Goldy Brar claimed responsibility for the murder. According to sources, at present, the police are making efforts to find out who is involved in the murder conspiracy and who helped logistically and where did the shooters come from.

According to sources, it has been found in the investigation that whatever messages are being sent on social media about the murder, they are either being sent from abroad or through a VPN. "Lawrence and Goldy Brar use new shooters every time so that the police can't reach them easily and even if they reach, they can't link it with them," said sources.

Latest news

poilievre-targets-liberal-government-over-catch-and-release-bail-system
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Poilievre Targets Liberal Government Over ‘Catch-and-Release’ Bail System

The issue of bail for serious offenders in Canada has once again come under the spotlight. Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has criticized the Liberal government, accusing it of allowing dangerous offenders to remain in the community because of what he calls weak bail laws. Poilievre pointed to a recent incident in Windsor, Ont., involving 22-year-old Qasim Sabi, who has been accused of sexually assaulting two young boys. Police say Sabi was already facing allegations in an earlier case and was out under court-ordered conditions when the latest incidents allegedly occurred. According to po
canadas-wildfire-season-could-rank-among-countrys-worst-on-record
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Canada’s wildfire season could rank among country’s worst on record

Canada’s 2026 wildfire season is on track to become the country’s fourth-worst on record, with millions of hectares already affected and hundreds of fires still active. Federal Emergency Management Minister Eleanor Olszewski said during a virtual briefing Tuesday evening that the country remains in the middle of the wildfire season, with some regions facing difficult and uncertain conditions. According to the federal government, about 4.1 million hectares have been affected by wildfires so far this season. Roughly 580 fires are currently active across Canada, including about 30 that remain
b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth

Related News