21.96°C Vancouver

Nov 5, 2020 5:34 PM -

Biden campaign urges supporters: 'Stay patient', confident of winning Georgia

Share On
biden-campaign-urges-supporters-stay-patient-confident-of-winning-georgia
Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill Biden wave to supporters, Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020, in Wilmington, Del. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

Joe Biden's campaign is expressing optimism at the ultimate result of the election but warning supporters to ``stay patient and stay calm'' as vote counting continues.

Biden campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon said Thursday on a briefing call with reporters that ``the story of today is going to be a very positive story'' for their campaign, but cautioned that as the counting continues, ``we need to allow it to get done and get done well.''

She says the campaign expects their lead to fluctuate in some states as more votes come in.

O'Malley Dillon also charged that legal challenges by President Donald Trump's campaign to halt vote counting in some states and seek a recount in Wisconsin are a ``flailing strategy'' that are an ``attempt to distract and delay'' from the results of the election.

The Associated Press is not calling the presidential race yet because neither candidate has secured the 270 Electoral College votes needed for victory.

Several key states were too early to call, Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina and Nevada.

Latest news

AlbertaAug 17, 2026

Edmonton Teen Girl Dies After Weekend Shooting

Police in Edmonton are investigating a weekend shooting that claimed the life of a 16-year-old girl. Officers were called to an area in northeast Edmonton on Sunday morning, where they found the teenager suffering from serious injuries. Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene. The Edmonton Police Service said homicide investigators have taken over the investigation.
CanadaAug 17, 2026

Applications for Canadian Citizenship Certificates Surge, Driven by Thousands of Americans

Applications for Canadian citizenship certificates from around the world have increased sharply, with American citizens accounting for a significant share of the rise. The Bill C-3 legislation, implemented by the federal government late last year, opened a pathway to citizenship for people with Canadian ancestry, including those whose ancestors left Canada several generations ago. According to the latest figures from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), 6,100 citizenship certificates were issued between the implementation of Bill C-3 in mid-December and May 31. Nearly half of t
canadas-proposed-under-16-social-media-ban-likely-to-face-charter-challenge
CanadaAug 17, 2026

Canada’s proposed under-16 social media ban likely to face Charter challenge

Experts say Canada’s proposed ban on social media access for children under 16 could face a constitutional challenge under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The issue has gained attention after France’s top court recently struck down a similar ban for children under 15, ruling that the measure was too broad and infringed on freedom of expression. Dalhousie University associate law professor Michael Karanicolas said a Charter challenge to Canada’s legislation is “almost inevitable.” He argued that social media has become an important platform for young people to participate
40-year-old-man-charged-in-surrey-sexual-assault-investigation
BCAug 17, 2026

40-Year-Old Man Charged in Surrey Sexual Assault Investigation

Criminal Code charges have been approved against a 40-year-old man following a Surrey Police Service (SPS) investigation into an alleged sexual assault involving a female youth at Bear Creek Park. Police say officers responded to the park on August 9, 2026, after receiving a report that a female youth had been groped by an adult male. The suspect allegedly fled the scene before officers arrived. On August 12, SPS released photos of the suspect and appealed to the public for help identifying him. A man matching the suspect’s description was identified and arrested later that day. The B.C. Pro
AlbertaAug 17, 2026

Calgary Police Seek Public Help to Locate Suspect After Assault

Calgary police are asking for the public’s help in locating a 22-year-old suspect wanted in connection with an assault that sent three people to hospital. Police were called to Spanky’s Saloon on Friday night, where officers found three injured men. One of the victims appeared to have suffered a stab wound. Investigators believe all three men were assaulted by the same suspect. Police say the 22-year-old is currently wanted on a warrant for multiple charges and are asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to contact authorities.

Related News