22.24°C Vancouver

Sep 30, 2021 1:01 AM -

B.C. reports 813 new COVID-19 cases and 11 deaths

Share On
b-c-reports-813-new-covid-19-cases-and-11-deaths
B.C.'s provincial health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry during a press conference in Victoria. (Photo - B.C. Govt.)

B.C. is reporting 813 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 186,245 cases in the province.

There are 6,185 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 177,729 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 340 individuals are in hospital and 146 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

In the past 24 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,953.

The new deaths include:

Fraser Health: two

Island Health: three

Northern Health: one

Vancouver Coastal Health: five

There have been two new outbreaks at Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health) and University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health)

Two outbreaks have been declared over at Hillside Village and Village at Mill Creek – second floor (Interior Health) for a total of 22 active outbreaks.

From Sept. 21-27, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 71.9% of cases and from Sept. 14-27 they accounted for 80.8% of hospitalizations.

Past week cases (Sept. 21-27) – Total 5,121

Not vaccinated: 3,324 (64.9%)

Partially vaccinated: 361 (7.0%)

Fully vaccinated: 1,436 (28.0%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 14-27) – Total 438

Not vaccinated: 318 (72.6%)

Partially vaccinated: 36 (8.2%)

Fully vaccinated: 84 (19.2%)

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 21-27)

Not vaccinated: 300.6

Partially vaccinated: 97.6

Fully vaccinated: 35.6

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 14-27)

Not vaccinated: 46.8

Partially vaccinated: 15.0

Fully vaccinated: 1.9

Province has administered 7,831,229 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.

87.9% (4,074,112) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 80.8% (3,745,457) have received their second dose.

Latest news

AlbertaAug 17, 2026

Edmonton Teen Girl Dies After Weekend Shooting

Police in Edmonton are investigating a weekend shooting that claimed the life of a 16-year-old girl. Officers were called to an area in northeast Edmonton on Sunday morning, where they found the teenager suffering from serious injuries. Paramedics pronounced her dead at the scene. The Edmonton Police Service said homicide investigators have taken over the investigation.
CanadaAug 17, 2026

Applications for Canadian Citizenship Certificates Surge, Driven by Thousands of Americans

Applications for Canadian citizenship certificates from around the world have increased sharply, with American citizens accounting for a significant share of the rise. The Bill C-3 legislation, implemented by the federal government late last year, opened a pathway to citizenship for people with Canadian ancestry, including those whose ancestors left Canada several generations ago. According to the latest figures from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), 6,100 citizenship certificates were issued between the implementation of Bill C-3 in mid-December and May 31. Nearly half of t
canadas-proposed-under-16-social-media-ban-likely-to-face-charter-challenge
CanadaAug 17, 2026

Canada’s proposed under-16 social media ban likely to face Charter challenge

Experts say Canada’s proposed ban on social media access for children under 16 could face a constitutional challenge under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The issue has gained attention after France’s top court recently struck down a similar ban for children under 15, ruling that the measure was too broad and infringed on freedom of expression. Dalhousie University associate law professor Michael Karanicolas said a Charter challenge to Canada’s legislation is “almost inevitable.” He argued that social media has become an important platform for young people to participate
40-year-old-man-charged-in-surrey-sexual-assault-investigation
BCAug 17, 2026

40-Year-Old Man Charged in Surrey Sexual Assault Investigation

Criminal Code charges have been approved against a 40-year-old man following a Surrey Police Service (SPS) investigation into an alleged sexual assault involving a female youth at Bear Creek Park. Police say officers responded to the park on August 9, 2026, after receiving a report that a female youth had been groped by an adult male. The suspect allegedly fled the scene before officers arrived. On August 12, SPS released photos of the suspect and appealed to the public for help identifying him. A man matching the suspect’s description was identified and arrested later that day. The B.C. Pro
AlbertaAug 17, 2026

Calgary Police Seek Public Help to Locate Suspect After Assault

Calgary police are asking for the public’s help in locating a 22-year-old suspect wanted in connection with an assault that sent three people to hospital. Police were called to Spanky’s Saloon on Friday night, where officers found three injured men. One of the victims appeared to have suffered a stab wound. Investigators believe all three men were assaulted by the same suspect. Police say the 22-year-old is currently wanted on a warrant for multiple charges and are asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to contact authorities.

Related News