21.46°C Vancouver

News

BCDec 24, 2025

Man charged after alleged sexual assault in Penticton, police say

Penticton RCMP say a man is facing criminal charges following an alleged sexual assault reported in the city on Monday evening. Police were called shortly before 6 p.m. on December 22 to the 200 block of Orchard Avenue after receiving reports of a possible sexual assault in progress. According to investigators, several bystanders intervened and restrained the suspect until officers arrived at the scene. The victim was taken to hospital for medical assessment. Police have not released details about the victim’s condition. RCMP say Josiah Foisy has been charged with sexual assault and assault.
burnaby-rcmp-seek-public-help-after-100-000-bobcat-loader-stolen-in-north-burnaby
BCDec 24, 2025

Burnaby RCMP seek public help after $100,000 Bobcat loader stolen in North Burnaby

Burnaby RCMP are asking for the public’s help to identify two pickup trucks believed to be involved in the theft of a Bobcat loader valued at about $100,000 in North Burnaby. Police say the theft happened on the afternoon of Sunday, November 30, when two pickup trucks arrived near the intersection of Midlawn Drive and Westlawn Drive in the Brentwood area. One of the trucks was towing an empty flat deck trailer. A short time later, both vehicles were seen leaving the area with the Bobcat loader loaded onto the trailer. Investigators describe the first suspect vehicle as a dark-coloured pickup
richmond-rcmp-arrest-16-in-targeted-retail-theft-enforcement-operation
BCDec 24, 2025

Richmond RCMP arrest 16 in targeted retail theft enforcement operation

Richmond RCMP say a targeted enforcement operation aimed at retail theft led to 16 arrests earlier this month, as police continue efforts to address repeat shoplifting and organized theft in the city. The arrests were made during a Project Boost and Bust operation carried out by frontline officers on December 13. The initiative is supported through the Community Safety and Targeted Enforcement Program and focuses on high-theft retail locations across Richmond. Police say most of the individuals arrested do not live in Richmond, reinforcing concerns that retail theft in the city is frequently d
sooke-rcmp-seek-public-help-to-identify-suspects-in-counterfeit-currency-case
BCDec 23, 2025

Sooke RCMP seek public help to identify suspects in counterfeit currency case

Sooke RCMP are asking for the public’s assistance as they investigate an alleged counterfeit currency transaction at a local gas station earlier this month. Police say two men attended the Chevron gas station at 6610 Sooke Rd. on December 20 shortly after 6:00 p.m., where a counterfeit $100 bill was allegedly used during a transaction. The incident was reported to police two days later, on December 22. The first suspect is described as a Caucasian man between 20 and 30 years old, with brown hair and a beard. At the time, he was wearing a black North Face jacket. The second suspect is also de
b-c-conservative-leadership-race-aims-to-reset-party-direction-after-internal-turmoil-says-halford
BCDec 23, 2025

B.C. Conservative leadership race aims to reset party direction after internal turmoil, says Halford

The upcoming leadership race for the Conservative Party of B.C. will offer members a chance to present a new vision and rebuild unity after weeks of public turmoil, according to interim leader Trevor Halford. He says the party is focused on moving forward following a rare and highly visible split within its caucus earlier this month. Halford was appointed interim leader on Dec. 3 after the party board removed John Rustad, citing a loss of confidence and describing him as professionally incapacitated. The decision followed months of internal disputes that Conservative MLAs said had hurt fundrai
BCDec 23, 2025

Second-degree murder charge laid nearly six years after Maple Ridge homicide

Nearly six years after the body of 24-year-old Edi Bogere was found on a vacant forested property in Maple Ridge, homicide investigators say charges have now been approved in the case. The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team confirms that a 31-year-old Port Coquitlam man has been charged in connection with Bogere’s death, which was first deemed suspicious in January 2020 after Ridge Meadows RCMP responded to the scene and requested IHIT assistance. Investigators believe Bogere was last seen leaving his home in Coquitlam on the evening of December 27, 2019. His body was discovered two week
vancouver-police-search-for-driver-after-fatal-hit-and-run-in-east-vancouver
BCDec 23, 2025

Vancouver police search for driver after fatal hit-and-run in East Vancouver

Vancouver Police are investigating a fatal hit-and-run that claimed the life of an elderly pedestrian in East Vancouver early Tuesday morning. Officers say the collision occurred shortly after 6:30 a.m. on Rupert Street near Euclid Avenue. Police and BC Emergency Health Services responded to reports that an 81-year-old woman had been struck by a vehicle. The driver did not remain at the scene and was last seen travelling northbound on Rupert Street. The woman died at the scene before she could be taken to hospital. Investigators believe the vehicle involved is a dark grey Volkswagen Golf, like
BCDec 23, 2025

RCMP investigate cause of fire that damaged Grand Forks motel

Police in Grand Forks are investigating the cause of a fire that damaged several units at a local motel late Sunday evening. The incident occurred at Johnny’s Motel along Highway 3 and prompted a response from emergency crews shortly after 8:30 p.m. According to the RCMP, officers were called to assist the Grand Forks Fire Service after a vehicle caught fire in the motel’s carport area. Flames then spread to the building, affecting multiple units before being brought under control. No injuries were reported. Staff Sergeant Kris Clark of the BC RCMP said investigators are continuing to exam
police-investigate-suspicious-death-of-woman-in-merritt
BCDec 23, 2025

Police investigate suspicious death of woman in Merritt

Police in Merritt are investigating a suspicious death after a woman was found with fatal injuries over the weekend, prompting the involvement of the RCMP’s Major Crime Unit. Mounties say officers were called on December 20 to assist BC Emergency Health Services in the 2000-block of Nicola Avenue after reports of a woman in medical distress. The woman, a Merritt resident in her 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene. RCMP have confirmed the circumstances surrounding the death are considered suspicious, and the Southeast District Major Crime Unit has taken over conduct of the investigation. Po

Just In

18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
leaders-condemn-nanaksar-gurdwara-attack-call-for-action-against-anti-sikh-hate
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in
42-year-old-man-charged-in-immigration-fraud-case-arrest-warrant-issued
CanadaAug 21, 2026

42-Year-Old Man Charged in Immigration Fraud Case, Arrest Warrant Issued

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has laid five charges against 42-year-old Abul Qasim for allegedly helping people enter Canada illegally and committing immigration fraud. An arrest warrant has also been issued for him. According to the CBSA, Qasim previously lived in Montreal but left Canada in June 2025 and is believed to be currently outside the country. The arrest warrant was issued after he failed to appear in response to a summons issued by a Montreal court. The CBSA began investigating the alleged scheme in 2024 after receiving confidential information from Immigration, Refugees