16.59°C Vancouver

Jul 9, 2026 5:35 PM - Connect Newsroom - Jasmine Singh

Two men charged in Windsor child grooming, human trafficking investigation

Share On
two-men-charged-in-windsor-child-grooming-human-trafficking-investigation-police-seek-two-more-suspects
Police say two men have been charged following an investigation into the alleged grooming, sexual exploitation and human trafficking of two underage girls.(Photo: X Windsor Police)

Two Windsor men are facing a combined 17 criminal charges after a Windsor Police Service investigation into the alleged grooming, sexual exploitation and human trafficking of two underage girls. Police say two additional suspects remain outstanding.

According to a Windsor Police Service news release, the investigation began in April 2026 after the Human Trafficking Unit received information that a youth had been groomed and sexually exploited by an unknown suspect. Investigators allege the victim met a man using the name "Jack" on Snapchat before the relationship moved offline. Police allege the suspect provided alcohol, food and marijuana in exchange for sexual acts.

Police identified the suspect as 26-year-old Hariom Yadav, who was arrested on April 10 at a business in Windsor's west end. He is charged with three counts of sexual assault, two counts of sexual interference involving a person under 16, forcible confinement, and obtaining sexual services for consideration from a person under 18. None of the allegations have been proven in court.

Investigators later identified 27-year-old Simranjeet Singh as a second suspect. Police allege Singh, who investigators say used the alias "Sam" on Snapchat, exploited the original victim. A second youth also came forward and identified Singh as the person who allegedly exploited her. Singh was arrested on July 3 at a residence in Windsor's west end.

Singh faces 10 charges, including two counts of sexual assault, sexual interference involving a person under 16, two counts of obtaining sexual services for consideration from a person under 18, two counts of procuring a person under 18, invitation to sexual touching, and two counts of receiving a material benefit. Police allege the exploitation of both victims involved coercion to engage in sexual acts for money in circumstances consistent with human trafficking. The allegations have not been tested in court.

The investigation remains ongoing. Windsor police said two additional suspects are wanted on allegations of obtaining sexual services for consideration from a person under 18 and believe there may be additional victims. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Windsor Police Service Human Trafficking Unit or Crime Stoppers.

Latest news

b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth
BCAug 18, 2026

Goldstream Falls swimming incident: 27-year-old man dies

A 27-year-old man has died after getting into distress while swimming near Goldstream Falls in Goldstream Provincial Park on Monday evening. West Shore RCMP said officers responded to the incident at around 7:35 p.m. on August 17. The man reportedly went underwater while swimming near the waterfall and did not resurface. Bystanders pulled him from the water and immediately began life-saving measures. Police, BC Emergency Health Services and Langford Fire Department later arrived and continued the emergency response. The man was taken to hospital for further treatment but later succumbed to his
poilievre-attacks-carney-government-over-ev-mandate
BCAug 18, 2026

Poilievre Attacks Carney Government Over EV Mandate

Canada’s main opposition leader, Pierre Poilievre, has launched a strong attack on Prime Minister Mark Carney’s government over its electric vehicle policy. Poilievre alleges that while the government is moving to scrap the existing EV sales mandate, it is planning to bring back a similar requirement through the “back door” using tougher emissions standards. According to a notice published in the Canada Gazette, the government has recently started the process of repealing the previous EV Sales Mandate, which required 20 per cent of new vehicles sold in 2026 to be electric. Reacting to

Related News