1.42°C Vancouver

Mar 18, 2024 3:35 PM - The Connect News

Sunil Jakhar's claim, AAP can change its candidate in Punjab

Share On
sunil-jakhars-claim-aap-can-change-its-candidate-in-punjab
Jakhar said that the Aam Aadmi Party has deceived the people. Only BJP can fight for the rights of people in Punjab.(Photo:Facebook/Sunil Jakhar)

Candidates announced by Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab can be changed. This claim has been made by Punjab BJP President Sunil Jakhar.

He said that internal talks are going on between the Congress and AAP in this regard and a meeting has been held between the two parties in Delhi. Jakhar said that the Aam Aadmi Party has deceived the people. Only BJP can fight for the rights of people in Punjab.

Elaborating on this, Jakhar said that he has come to know that a meeting of senior leaders of Congress and Aam Aadmi Party was held in Delhi last night, in which it was discussed that the grounds of 8 candidates fielded by AAP The reports are not very good and people have rejected them, so the faces can be changed.

It is to be noted that Karamjit Anmol is among the eight Lok Sabha candidates announced by the Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab recently, who is a well-known actor of Punjabi films and is close to the Chief Minister.

Latest news

WorldFeb 20, 2026

Bangladesh restores visa services for Indian nationals days after new government takes office

Bangladesh has reinstated visa services for Indian citizens just three days after a new government led by the Bangladesh Nationalist Party took office. Prime Minister Tarique Rahman announced Friday that all visa categories for Indian nationals have been restored, reversing a suspension imposed nearly two months ago. The earlier halt to visa processing had been introduced under the administration of former prime minister Muhammad Yunus. At that time, Bangladeshi authorities cited administrative and diplomatic considerations for pausing services. The decision had affected travellers seeking med
canada-welcomes-u-s-supreme-court-ruling-striking-down-trump-emergency-tariffs-but-sector
CanadaFeb 20, 2026

Canada welcomes U.S. Supreme Court ruling striking down Trump emergency tariffs, but sector

Canada’s Minister of International Trade, Dominic LeBlanc, says a recent decision by the Supreme Court of the United States to overturn tariffs imposed under former president Donald Trump’s emergency powers validates Canada’s long-standing position that the measures were unjustified. In a statement responding to the ruling, LeBlanc said the court’s decision confirms Canada’s argument that duties introduced under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act were not legally sound. Ottawa had previously raised concerns that the tariffs created uncertainty for cross-border trade and
u-s-supreme-court-blocks-trumps-use-of-emergency-powers-to-impose-tariffs
CanadaFeb 20, 2026

U.S. Supreme Court blocks Trump’s use of emergency powers to impose tariffs

The United States Supreme Court has ruled that former president Donald Trump could not rely on a national emergencies statute to impose sweeping tariffs on several countries, including Canada, during his time in office. In a decision released Friday, the court found that Trump’s use of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act to justify what he called “Liberation Day” tariffs exceeded the scope of the law. The measures had targeted imports from Canada, Mexico and China, and were also linked to fentanyl-related trade actions. The tariffs were introduced as part of a broader strateg
alberta-to-hold-october-referendum-on-immigration-policy-and-senate-reform
AlbertaFeb 20, 2026

Alberta to Hold October Referendum on Immigration Policy and Senate Reform

Alberta residents will be asked to weigh in this October on two policy questions dealing with immigration and constitutional reform, the provincial government has announced. One of the proposed referendum questions will ask voters whether non permanent residents should be required to pay to access Alberta’s publicly funded health care and education systems. The issue comes amid ongoing debate across Canada about how provinces manage service costs as population growth increases. A second question will ask Albertans whether the province should advocate for abolishing the Senate as part of broa
AlbertaFeb 20, 2026

Alberta issues standing measles exposure advisory for Parkland County

Alberta health officials have issued a standing measles exposure advisory for Parkland County, west of Edmonton, as confirmed cases continue to be reported across the province. Alberta Health says individuals who live, work, attend school or travel in the Parkland County area should monitor for symptoms and ensure their immunizations are up to date. A standing advisory means residents should remain alert for potential exposure rather than focusing on a single location or date. As of Thursday, Alberta has recorded 71 confirmed measles cases in 2026. Health authorities say the majority of cases

Related News