16.75°C Vancouver

Jun 4, 2025 4:28 PM - The Associated Press

11 dead and 33 hurt in the stampede during RCB's Victory Parade

Share On
several-feared-dead-in-a-stampede-outside-a-cricket-stadium-in-india
PM Narendra Modi also expressed grief over the loss of lives in the stampede. In a post on X, PM Modi called this incident “absolutely heartending.”(Photo: X/PMO India)

After the victory of Royal Challengers Bengaluru in this year’s IPL, the team held a victory march and event today. Large crowds gathered to get a glimpse of their favorite players and a stampede broke out during the victory parade. So far 11 people have died, and 33 people have been injured.

This incident took place outside the Chinnaswamy Stadium. The team was earlier felicitated in the legislature. During the event, the police had to resort to mild lathicharge to control the crowd.

PM Narendra Modi also expressed grief over the loss of lives in the stampede. In a post on X, PM Modi called this incident “absolutely heartending.”

Royal Challengers Bengaluru had defeated Punjab Kings in the IPL final on Wednesday. This was the first title win for RCB.

Latest news

carney-eby-discuss-fast-tracking-major-projects-during-vancouver-meeting
CanadaMay 21, 2026

Carney, Eby discuss fast-tracking major projects during Vancouver meeting

Prime Minister Mark Carney and British Columbia Premier David Eby held a closed-door meeting in Vancouver on Wednesday, where both leaders discussed a new co-operation agreement aimed at accelerating development projects across the province. Following the meeting, Carney said closer collaboration between federal and provincial governments would help strengthen Canada’s economy and move major projects forward more quickly. He said governments can achieve more when they work together and added that economic growth remains a priority. Earlier in the day, the prime minister addressed a business
unions-raise-concerns-over-possible-changes-to-federal-labour-laws-in-canada
CanadaMay 21, 2026

Unions raise concerns over possible changes to federal labour laws in Canada

Several Canadian unions are raising concerns over potential changes to federal labour laws being considered by Prime Minister Mark Carney’s government, warning the move could limit workers’ right to strike. According to reports, the federal government circulated a discussion paper on April 17 seeking feedback from selected stakeholders, including representatives from the airline, port, railway, telecommunications and banking sectors. Union groups say they are concerned the government could expand the number of workplaces classified as “essential services,” a designation that can restri
AlbertaMay 21, 2026

Czech snowboarder dies after fall into glacier crevasse in Jasper National Park

A 38-year-old man from the Czech Republic has died after falling into a crevasse on the Columbia Icefield in Alberta’s Jasper National Park, according to RCMP. Police said officers were called to the Columbia Icefield area on May 12 after reports that a snowboarder had fallen into a glacier crevasse while travelling with two friends. RCMP identified the victim as a Czech national who had been living in Revelstoke, B.C. Police said recovery efforts were complicated by the remote terrain and harsh environmental conditions, delaying immediate access to the body. The Columbia Icefield is a major
alberta-premier-danielle-smith-expected-to-announce-cabinet-shuffle
AlbertaMay 21, 2026

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith expected to announce cabinet shuffle

Alberta Premier Danielle Smith is expected to announce changes to her cabinet in Calgary on Thursday, with several high-profile portfolios potentially changing hands. Smith has not publicly confirmed which ministers may be moved, added, or removed from cabinet. According to previous public statements from the government, at least two major portfolios are vacant after Finance Minister Nate Horner and Hospitals Minister Matt Jones announced they will not seek re-election in 2027 and plan to step away from cabinet duties. Speculation has centred on Social Services Minister Jason Nixon as a possib
CanadaMay 21, 2026

Ontario investigating suspected Ebola case linked to East Africa travel

Ontario health officials say a patient who recently returned from East Africa has been hospitalized and tested for Ebola as a precautionary measure. A spokesperson for the Ontario Ministry of Health said the testing is being conducted under established medical protocols and “out of an abundance of caution.” Officials said there are currently no confirmed Ebola cases in the province. Public health authorities said infection-control measures have been implemented to reduce any potential risk of transmission. Officials also emphasized that Ebola does not spread easily through the air and said

Related News