20.34°C Vancouver

Jun 22, 2021 2:55 PM -

'Rakesh Tikait constantly lying about agri laws in public,' BJP Kisan Morcha chief

Share On
rakesh-tikait-constantly-lying-about-agri-laws-in-public-bjp-kisan-morcha-chief
'Rakesh Tikait constantly lying about agri laws in public,' BJP Kisan Morcha chief

Responding to Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait's threat about teaching a lesson to the central government, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Kisan Morcha president Rajkumar Chahar on Tuesday said the farmer leader has nothing to do with farmers and was constantly spreading untruth about the three agriculture laws.

"Rakesh Tikait ji is constantly presenting a bunch of lies in front of the public. He himself knows this. He is constantly lying and trying to mislead people," Chahar said.

The BJP leader also alleged that Tikait was letting himself be used politically by the Congress and the Left and accused him of having worked as their political representative in West Bengal.

"Tikait has nothing to do with farmers. He is trying to pose as the messiah of the farmers but has never done anything for them in his life," he said.

Briefing about his meeting with the BJP national president JP Nadda earlier in the day, he told ANI: "BJP national president JP Nadda addressed the meeting today. Future welfare of villages, farmers and youth were discussed in the meeting. It is the duty of the BJP Kisan Morcha to ensure every village gets benefits of the schemes by the Central government."

Praising Prime Minister Narendra Modi for bringing about a big change in the lives of farmers, he said the PM Modi has brought a change in the lives of farmers by introducing three agriculture laws, Kisan Samman Nidhi and other such schemes.

The report of the Swaminathan Commission has also been implemented, he added.


"PM Modi's intention is clear to bring happiness in the lives of the farmers. The farmers of the country is with him and trust him. Farmers know this. As far as the question of farmer leaders go, they have been doing this nonsensical talking for a long time and there was no justification for this farmers' movement. Today, the money is directly going into the bank accounts of Punjab's and Haryana's farmers. The truth has come to the fore," the Kisan Morcha chief said.

Chahar further said that farmer leaders need to introspect as "they sometimes say why have the farmers who went to the Red Fort not shot, sometimes they say they will gherao the Parliament, sometimes they say they will teach the Centre a lesson."

Speaking about the talks between the farmers and the government, Chahar said that Union ministers Narendra Singh Tomar and Piyush Goyal have held several rounds of dialogues with them, however, the intention of the farmer leaders was not to talk about the interests of farmers but to spread anarchy.

Latest news

18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
leaders-condemn-nanaksar-gurdwara-attack-call-for-action-against-anti-sikh-hate
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in
42-year-old-man-charged-in-immigration-fraud-case-arrest-warrant-issued
CanadaAug 21, 2026

42-Year-Old Man Charged in Immigration Fraud Case, Arrest Warrant Issued

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has laid five charges against 42-year-old Abul Qasim for allegedly helping people enter Canada illegally and committing immigration fraud. An arrest warrant has also been issued for him. According to the CBSA, Qasim previously lived in Montreal but left Canada in June 2025 and is believed to be currently outside the country. The arrest warrant was issued after he failed to appear in response to a summons issued by a Montreal court. The CBSA began investigating the alleged scheme in 2024 after receiving confidential information from Immigration, Refugees

Related News