17.48°C Vancouver

Aug 9, 2021 9:09 AM -

Owaisi gives adjournment notice in LS over construction of Haj House in Delhi's Dwarka

Share On
owaisi-gives-adjournment-notice-in-ls-over-construction-of-haj-house-in-delhis-dwarka
Owaisi gives adjournment notice in LS over construction of Haj House in Delhi's Dwarka

All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) Chief Asaduddin Owaisi has given adjournment motion notice in Lok Sabha on Monday over the Mahapanchayat held to oppose the construction of Haj House in Delhi's Dwarka.

He further said that at the Mahapanchayat, speeches were made and slogans rose against Muslim citizens and it is important to adjourn the business to discuss this matter because Delhi has witnessed communal violence just last year.

"I hereby give notice of my intention to ask for leave to move a motion for the adjournment of the business of the house for the purpose of discussing a definite matter of urgent importance, namely:-On August 6, 2021, in Dwarka, Delhi a 'Mahapanchayat' was organised to oppose construction of a proposed Haj House. At the Mahapanchayat, speeches were made and slogans were raised against Muslim citizens. On Sunday a gathering at Jantar Mantar raised genocidal slogans against Muslim citizens. No action has been taken against organisers/participants of either of the gatherings. Since law and order, Police are the responsibility of GoI and since Delhi has witnessed communal violence just last year, it's important to adjourn business to discuss this matter of urgent public importance," AIMIS chief said in the notice.

Owaisi taking to Twitter further alleged that even demanding justice and legal action has become a joke.

"Circumstances have become such that even demanding justice and legal action has become a joke. This should be discussed in the Lok Sabha today, Wazir-e-Dakhla should be held accountable. I have given notice of the adjournment motion in accordance with the rules of the Lok Sabha on this issue," he tweeted.

He slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said that on Sunday slogans were raised at Jantar Mantar against Muslims, which is 20 minutes away from PM's residence.

"Last year, Modi's minister chanted the slogan "shoot" and soon after, there was an open massacre of Muslims in northeast Delhi. How can a Muslim in India feel safe seeing such crowds and such slogans?" Owaisi asked.

AIMIM chief also criticized Delhi Police for not taking action against the people who raised slogans against Muslims at the Jantar Mantar.
"After all, what is the secret of the growing courage of these hooligans? They know that the Modi government stands with them. On July 24, the Central government under National Security Act (NSA) had given the Delhi Police the right to detain any person. Yet the Delhi Police is quietly watching the spectacle," he added.

According to Delhi Police sources, an FIR has been registered against unknown persons after a video emerged showing inflammatory slogans being raised at Jantar Mantar during a march for "Colonial Laws and Make Uniform Laws" yesterday.

Latest news

18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
leaders-condemn-nanaksar-gurdwara-attack-call-for-action-against-anti-sikh-hate
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in
42-year-old-man-charged-in-immigration-fraud-case-arrest-warrant-issued
CanadaAug 21, 2026

42-Year-Old Man Charged in Immigration Fraud Case, Arrest Warrant Issued

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has laid five charges against 42-year-old Abul Qasim for allegedly helping people enter Canada illegally and committing immigration fraud. An arrest warrant has also been issued for him. According to the CBSA, Qasim previously lived in Montreal but left Canada in June 2025 and is believed to be currently outside the country. The arrest warrant was issued after he failed to appear in response to a summons issued by a Montreal court. The CBSA began investigating the alleged scheme in 2024 after receiving confidential information from Immigration, Refugees

Related News