22.01°C Vancouver

Jun 3, 2022 3:49 PM - ANI

Moose Wala murder: BJP leader moves SC for CBI probe

Share On
moose-wala-murder-bjp-leader-moves-sc-for-cbi-probe
BJP leader moves SC for CBI probe into the killing of Moose Wala_ANI

A BJP leader from Punjab has approached the Supreme Court seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) investigation into the killing of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala by unidentified assailants in Punjab's Mansa.

The plea filed through Advocate Sarthak Chaturvedi, Namit Saxena and Shubham Jaiswal submitted that there is a storm of fear and terror in the state of Punjab which warrants interference by the Supreme Court as fundamental rights of the people of Punjab have been jeopardized at large.

"The way the cold-blooded killing was done in broad daylight is indicative of the fact that the state machinery in the state of Punjab has miserably failed in its duty not only to prevent the crime but also to effectively curb the menace of gang wars. That there is a storm of fear and terror in the state of Punjab which warrants interference by this Court as fundamental rights of the entire population of Punjab have been jeopardized at large," the plea stated.

The case involves not only inter-state but also international crime syndicates and it is expedient in the interests of justice if the investigation related to the present FIR is transferred to the Central Bureau of Investigation, it added.

The security of the Mosse Wala was removed by the government of Punjab just a day prior to his killing and the information about the same was published in the media, said the plea. It added that the removal of the security cover encouraged the assailants to immediately attack and kill him and send a message across to the community at large.

Latest news

CanadaAug 17, 2026

Applications for Canadian Citizenship Certificates Surge, Driven by Thousands of Americans

Applications for Canadian citizenship certificates from around the world have increased sharply, with American citizens accounting for a significant share of the rise. The Bill C-3 legislation, implemented by the federal government late last year, opened a pathway to citizenship for people with Canadian ancestry, including those whose ancestors left Canada several generations ago. According to the latest figures from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), 6,100 citizenship certificates were issued between the implementation of Bill C-3 in mid-December and May 31. Nearly half of t
canadas-proposed-under-16-social-media-ban-likely-to-face-charter-challenge
CanadaAug 17, 2026

Canada’s proposed under-16 social media ban likely to face Charter challenge

Experts say Canada’s proposed ban on social media access for children under 16 could face a constitutional challenge under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The issue has gained attention after France’s top court recently struck down a similar ban for children under 15, ruling that the measure was too broad and infringed on freedom of expression. Dalhousie University associate law professor Michael Karanicolas said a Charter challenge to Canada’s legislation is “almost inevitable.” He argued that social media has become an important platform for young people to participate
40-year-old-man-charged-in-surrey-sexual-assault-investigation
BCAug 17, 2026

40-Year-Old Man Charged in Surrey Sexual Assault Investigation

Criminal Code charges have been approved against a 40-year-old man following a Surrey Police Service (SPS) investigation into an alleged sexual assault involving a female youth at Bear Creek Park. Police say officers responded to the park on August 9, 2026, after receiving a report that a female youth had been groped by an adult male. The suspect allegedly fled the scene before officers arrived. On August 12, SPS released photos of the suspect and appealed to the public for help identifying him. A man matching the suspect’s description was identified and arrested later that day. The B.C. Pro
AlbertaAug 17, 2026

Calgary Police Seek Public Help to Locate Suspect After Assault

Calgary police are asking for the public’s help in locating a 22-year-old suspect wanted in connection with an assault that sent three people to hospital. Police were called to Spanky’s Saloon on Friday night, where officers found three injured men. One of the victims appeared to have suffered a stab wound. Investigators believe all three men were assaulted by the same suspect. Police say the 22-year-old is currently wanted on a warrant for multiple charges and are asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to contact authorities.
BCAug 17, 2026

Third Shooting Near Schools in Fort St. John in a Month, Police Investigating

Police in Fort St. John, B.C., are investigating a shooting that marks the third incident involving gunfire near schools in the city since July 22. According to police, shots were fired at around 10 p.m. Friday in the 8800 block of 107A Avenue. A residence was targeted in the incident. Following an initial investigation, officers believe the shooting was targeted. No suspect has been identified or arrested so far. Fort St. John RCMP’s Serious Crime Unit, Street Enforcement Team and frontline officers are working together on the investigation. Police and B.C. Emergency Health Services have no

Related News