19.65°C Vancouver

Jul 30, 2026 1:28 PM - Connect Newsroom - Ramanpreet kaur with files from The Canadian Press

Missing 11-year-old Calgary boy Parker found dead after extensive two-week search

Share On
missing-11-year-old-calgary-boy-parker-found-dead-after-extensive-two-week-search
: Calgary Police Chief Katie McLellan provides an update after missing 11-year-old Parker was found dead following a two-week search in Calgary. (Photo: The Canadian Press)

Calgary police have confirmed that 11-year-old Parker, who had been missing for the past two weeks, has been found dead following one of the largest search operations in the city's history.

According to Calgary Police Chief Katie McLellan, Parker, who was autistic and non-verbal, disappeared from a day home on July 16. His body was discovered at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday inside a small pipe located approximately 137 to 152 metres into a tunnel near Deerfoot Trail. The location is about one kilometre from Connaught Drive N.W., where he was last seen.

Police said the discovery followed a public tip received Tuesday after a person found a child's shoe near the outlet of a drainage tunnel in a green space west of Deerfoot Trail. Search teams later located a second shoe before conducting a detailed search of the underground pipe system, where Parker's body was found. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death remains ongoing.

The search for Parker involved hundreds of police officers, search-and-rescue teams, police dogs and thousands of community volunteers, making it one of Calgary's largest missing-person searches. Authorities have not released additional details about the cause of death.

The tragedy has prompted an outpouring of condolences from the community. Alberta Premier Danielle Smith and other leaders expressed sympathy to Parker's family as they mourn the loss.

Latest news

b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth
BCAug 18, 2026

Goldstream Falls swimming incident: 27-year-old man dies

A 27-year-old man has died after getting into distress while swimming near Goldstream Falls in Goldstream Provincial Park on Monday evening. West Shore RCMP said officers responded to the incident at around 7:35 p.m. on August 17. The man reportedly went underwater while swimming near the waterfall and did not resurface. Bystanders pulled him from the water and immediately began life-saving measures. Police, BC Emergency Health Services and Langford Fire Department later arrived and continued the emergency response. The man was taken to hospital for further treatment but later succumbed to his
poilievre-attacks-carney-government-over-ev-mandate
BCAug 18, 2026

Poilievre Attacks Carney Government Over EV Mandate

Canada’s main opposition leader, Pierre Poilievre, has launched a strong attack on Prime Minister Mark Carney’s government over its electric vehicle policy. Poilievre alleges that while the government is moving to scrap the existing EV sales mandate, it is planning to bring back a similar requirement through the “back door” using tougher emissions standards. According to a notice published in the Canada Gazette, the government has recently started the process of repealing the previous EV Sales Mandate, which required 20 per cent of new vehicles sold in 2026 to be electric. Reacting to

Related News