15.17°C Vancouver

Oct 5, 2025 10:40 PM - Connect Newsroom - Pervez Sandhu

Major police operation near Kilmore Crescent area in Surrey, SPS confirms multiple arrests

Share On
major-police-operation-near-kilmore-crescent-area-in-surrey-sps-confirms-multiple-arrests
Police cruisers surround a house in the Kilmore Crescent area. (Photo - Connect News)

A major police operation was carried out in the area of ​​Kilmore Crescent, near 152nd Street and 60th Avenue, in Surrey today. During this time, a large number of police officers approached a house in the area and multiple people were arrested.

The police are yet to release any official information in the case, but some residents of the neighborhood told the Connect FM team that at least 3 people were arrested.

Connect FM spoke to Sergeant Tige Pollock, Media Relations Officer for Surrey Police Service, for more information on the matter. He said “a police team is still at the property and detailed official information will be released on Monday.”

SPS operation in Surrey
Police cruisers surrounded a house in Surrey on Sunday (Oct. 5).

When asked how many people were arrested from the scene, Sgt. Pollock said, “there were multiple arrests, but did not share the information about how many people were arrested.”

Connect FM asked if the information on the file can be given about whether the case was related to extortions in the area, but Sgt. Pollock advised to wait for the official release.

SPS operation in Surrey
Police officers seen putting the tape around the house in Surrey.

Connect FM team talked to a person who had been involved in renovation work in the area for a few months. The person who did not want to be identified said, “this seems to be a rental property and nothing seemed to be suspicious during his visits in the area and this operation came as a shock.”

He added, “this area generally seemed very peaceful and the need for this kind of police action here makes one wonder which area in Surrey is safe.”

Latest news

canada-us-trade-talks-collapse-as-ottawa-vows-dollar-for-dollar-tariff-response
CanadaAug 22, 2026

U.S. Tariffs on Canadian Imports Take Effect; PM Carney Warns of Dollar-for-Dollar Hit

U.S. tariffs on Canadian imports went into effect early Saturday morning after Prime Minister Mark Carney suspended trade negotiations just minutes before the midnight deadline. ​"I have decided to suspend trade negotiations with the U.S. and have directed Canada’s negotiators to return to Ottawa," Prime Minister Mark Carney said. "Last-minute changes in the U.S.-proposed terms were unfair, uneconomic, and called into question the reliability of any deal. Canada will match those tariffs dollar for dollar to protect our workers and businesses." ​In a statement released Friday night, U.S.
18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
leaders-condemn-nanaksar-gurdwara-attack-call-for-action-against-anti-sikh-hate
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in

Related News