2.33°C Vancouver

Apr 25, 2025 7:09 PM - Connect Newsroom

Liberals are not trustworthy at all: Jagmeet Singh

Share On
liberals-are-not-trustworthy-at-all-jagmeet-singh
Jagmeet Singh said that history is a witness to this that the Liberals do the right thing only when the New Democrats force them to do so.(Photo: The Canadian Press)

NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh today launched a major attack on the Liberal Party led by Mark Carney. During the election campaign in Toronto, he said that the Liberals are not trustworthy at all.

Jagmeet Singh said that history is a witness to this that the Liberals do the right thing only when the New Democrats force them to do so.

Jagmeet Singh also said that he fears that if the Liberals come to power, they will make big cuts in the budget, which will revive the memory of the cuts made by the party in the 1990s.

During this, he also commented on the Palestinian and Jewish communities. He said that the people of Gaza have the same right to live in peace and security as the people of Israel and we fundamentally believe that this should be the case.

Latest news

leblanc-to-meet-u-s-trade-representative-ahead-of-cusma-review
CanadaFeb 19, 2026

LeBlanc to meet U.S. trade representative ahead of CUSMA review

Canada’s minister responsible for Canada–U.S. trade says he plans to meet with the United States trade representative in the coming weeks as both countries prepare for the scheduled review of the Canada–United States–Mexico Agreement. Dominic LeBlanc said he recently spoke by phone with Jamieson Greer following public remarks from Washington suggesting that Canadian trade barriers have complicated bilateral discussions. The talks come as the United States signals it may seek changes to the trilateral pact. The trade agreement, commonly known as Canada–United States–Mexico Agreement
burnaby-rcmp-warn-seniors-after-couple-loses-300-000-in-impersonation-scam
BCFeb 19, 2026

Burnaby RCMP warn seniors after couple loses $300,000 in impersonation scam

Burnaby RCMP are warning residents to remain vigilant after an elderly couple lost approximately $300,000 in a fraud scheme involving someone posing as a police officer. Police say the couple, both in their 80s, reported the incident on January 28 after being contacted by an individual claiming to be an RCMP officer. The caller allegedly told them their bank account had been compromised and instructed them to transfer their money to protect it. Over several weeks, the victims moved funds through multiple deposits and were directed to purchase gift cards as part of the scheme. They were also to
IndiaFeb 18, 2026

Court Grants Bail to BKU Ekta Ugrahan Leaders, Protests to Continue Across Punjab

A court in Bathinda on Wednesday granted bail to two senior leaders of Bharatiya Kisan Union Ekta Ugrahan who had been lodged in the Bathinda Central Jail during ongoing farmer protests in Punjab. Confirming the development, state president Joginder Singh Ugrahan said while the bail of the two leaders has been approved, demonstrations across the state will continue until all workers detained during the protests are released. He stated that the union will organize “victory rallies” across Punjab on Thursday. The arrests came as authorities moved to prevent a large-scale protest planned for
ottawa-expands-express-entry-system-to-include-researchers-and-military-recruits
CanadaFeb 18, 2026

Ottawa expands express entry system to include researchers and military recruits

The federal government is expanding Canada’s express entry immigration system to include new permanent residency pathways for researchers, senior managers and certain military recruits, Immigration Minister Lena Diab announced this week. The changes introduce three additional streams under the federal express entry program, aimed at attracting skilled professionals to address labour shortages and support what the minister described as a strategy to bring top talent to Canada. Among those newly eligible are researchers and senior managers with Canadian work experience. The transport sector wi
israeli-gunfire-incidents-in-gaza-leave-two-dead-several-injured-amid-medical-evacuation-delays
WorldFeb 18, 2026

Israeli gunfire incidents in Gaza leave two dead, several injured amid medical evacuation delays

Two Palestinians were killed in separate shooting incidents in Gaza on Wednesday, according to local hospital officials, as tensions continue despite a ceasefire announced in mid October. Medical authorities reported that the shootings occurred in the Al Mughraqa area of central Gaza and in Al Mawasi, west of Rafah in the south. At least three other Palestinians were injured in the incidents and taken to nearby hospitals for treatment. The violence comes as Israeli forces attempt to restrict movement near the Rafah border crossing with Egypt, a critical route for patients seeking urgent medica

Related News