16.88°C Vancouver

Jan 7, 2021 10:24 PM -

Drugs and cash found in secret compartment in a car in Surrey

Share On
drugs-and-cash-found-in-secret-compartment-in-a-car-in-surrey
Strategic targeted enforcement by the Surrey RCMP Gang Enforcement Team’s (SGET) has led to the seizure of drugs and cash, from a hidden compartment inside a vehicle.(Photo - Surrey RCMP)

Strategic targeted enforcement by the Surrey RCMP Gang Enforcement Team’s (SGET) has led to the seizure of drugs and cash, from a hidden compartment inside a vehicle.

On January 1, 2021 at approximately 11 p.m., an SGET officer conducted a traffic stop with a Nissan Maxima, in the 9000-block of 156 Street.

During the interaction with the driver, the officer observed a knife and bear spray inside the vehicle.

As a result, the driver was arrested for possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.

As the investigation progressed, the officer observed signs that there may be a hidden compartment inside the vehicle.

The vehicle was subsequently seized and a search warrant was obtained.

The driver, who is known to police and has ties to the Lower Mainland gang conflict, was issued violation tickets and released at the scene pending further investigation.

On January 3, 2021, the search warrant was executed on the vehicle with the assistance of the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit (CFSEU).

A hidden compartment was located inside the vehicle and several items were found inside including approximately $10,000 cash, and approximately 1 ounce of suspected cocaine.

The hidden compartment also held two bags containing hundreds of small packages of suspected crack cocaine and fentanyl.

Latest news

poilievre-targets-liberal-government-over-catch-and-release-bail-system
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Poilievre Targets Liberal Government Over ‘Catch-and-Release’ Bail System

The issue of bail for serious offenders in Canada has once again come under the spotlight. Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has criticized the Liberal government, accusing it of allowing dangerous offenders to remain in the community because of what he calls weak bail laws. Poilievre pointed to a recent incident in Windsor, Ont., involving 22-year-old Qasim Sabi, who has been accused of sexually assaulting two young boys. Police say Sabi was already facing allegations in an earlier case and was out under court-ordered conditions when the latest incidents allegedly occurred. According to po
canadas-wildfire-season-could-rank-among-countrys-worst-on-record
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Canada’s wildfire season could rank among country’s worst on record

Canada’s 2026 wildfire season is on track to become the country’s fourth-worst on record, with millions of hectares already affected and hundreds of fires still active. Federal Emergency Management Minister Eleanor Olszewski said during a virtual briefing Tuesday evening that the country remains in the middle of the wildfire season, with some regions facing difficult and uncertain conditions. According to the federal government, about 4.1 million hectares have been affected by wildfires so far this season. Roughly 580 fires are currently active across Canada, including about 30 that remain
b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic
AlbertaAug 18, 2026

Sentencing Arguments Begin for Man Convicted of Sexually Assaulting Three Women

Sentencing arguments begin today for 62-year-old Richard Mantha, who was convicted of sexually assaulting three vulnerable women and drugging one of them. Mantha was found guilty of six offences following a trial that lasted more than two years. The full day has been set aside for the Crown and defence to present their arguments on what sentence he should receive. He was convicted of two counts of sexual assault, as well as choking while committing a sexual assault and administering a noxious substance. Mantha was also found guilty of assault with a weapon and uttering threats against a fourth

Related News