25.27°C Vancouver

Feb 3, 2022 1:20 AM - Connect News

Drug investigation results in trafficking and firearm charges

Share On
drug-investigation-results-in-trafficking-and-firearm-charges
Illegal drugs totalling tens of thousands of doses were seized as part of an inter-agency investigation that culminated in charges against five local people. (Photo - BC RCMP)

Illegal drugs totalling tens of thousands of doses were seized as part of an inter-agency investigation that culminated in charges against five local people.

The charges, which include possession for the purpose of trafficking and firearms offences, came following the conclusion of a Kamloops RCMP Targeted Enforcement Unit (TEU) investigation which began in April 2020.

By investigating suspects engaged in street level drug dealing of smaller amounts, TEU was able to follow their trail and identify those responsible for transporting large quantities of controlled substances into the community, said TEU Sergeant Todd Woon.

In July 2020, as a result of investigative efforts, TEU executed a search warrant at an address on the 600-block of Comox Avenue, during which cocaine, fentanyl, and a loaded prohibited firearm, were among items seized.

But the investigation didn’t end there. Through its ongoing efforts, TEU identified a suspected drug supplier in New Westminster believed to be responsible for supplying controlled substances to the Kamloops area.

Kamloops RCMP TEU and the New Westminster Police Department (NWPD) entered into a cooperative investigation focusing on suspected drug traffickers in both jurisdictions. In August 2020, a Cherry Creek man was arrested near Kamloops with more than one kilogram of cocaine, as a result of the joint effort.

In September, the partnership between Kamloops TEU and NWPD led to the arrest of a Kamloops man as he returned from New Westminster. Two kilograms of cocaine were seized from his vehicle, and a further two kilos of methamphetamine and one kilo of cocaine were located during a subsequent search of his property on the 1300-block of Kinross Place in Kamloops. A second property associated to the investigation, located on the 100-block of Holloway Drive in Tobiano, was also searched and yielded smaller quantities of controlled substances.

The impact of stopping those drugs from ever hitting the streets of Kamloops is immeasurable, said Sgt. Woon. Interrupting the supply chains into Kamloops helps prevent organized crime from developing a strong presence and increasing violence in the community.

Later in September 2020, the NWPD continued with its investigation into the suspected supplier that was previously identified by TEU. A search warrant was executed at a residence in New Westminster, resulting in the seizure of approximately 13 kg of cocaine, 10 kg of methamphetamine, two handguns, and approximately $300,000.

Lawrence Lloyd Pooli, 31, of Kamloops, is charged with one count of possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking and one count of possession of ammunition while prohibited.

David Jeffrey Tremblay, 36, of Kamloops, is charged with one count each of possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking; possession of a loaded prohibited firearm, to wit a .22 LR calibre Savage model A22 semi-automatic rifle, without being the holder of an authorization or license under which to possess the firearm and a registration certification for the firearm; storing said prohibited firearm in a careless manner; and breach of firearms prohibition.

Rylee Laureen Bains, 24, of Kamloops, is charged with one count each of possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking; possession of a loaded prohibited firearm, to wit a .22 LR calibre Savage model A22 semi-automatic rifle, without being the holder of an authorization or license under which to possess the firearm and a registration certification for the firearm; and storing said prohibited firearm in a careless manner.

Jason Ray Sauka, 50, of Cherry Creek, is charged with one count of possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking.

Roberto Silio Lupi, 36, of Kamloops, is charged with two counts of possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking, and one count of possession of meth for the purpose of trafficking.

Latest news

18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
leaders-condemn-nanaksar-gurdwara-attack-call-for-action-against-anti-sikh-hate
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in
42-year-old-man-charged-in-immigration-fraud-case-arrest-warrant-issued
CanadaAug 21, 2026

42-Year-Old Man Charged in Immigration Fraud Case, Arrest Warrant Issued

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has laid five charges against 42-year-old Abul Qasim for allegedly helping people enter Canada illegally and committing immigration fraud. An arrest warrant has also been issued for him. According to the CBSA, Qasim previously lived in Montreal but left Canada in June 2025 and is believed to be currently outside the country. The arrest warrant was issued after he failed to appear in response to a summons issued by a Montreal court. The CBSA began investigating the alleged scheme in 2024 after receiving confidential information from Immigration, Refugees

Related News