19.25°C Vancouver

Apr 24, 2025 8:03 PM - Connect Newsroom

Driver receives multiple tickets and a date in court for having a fake Temporary Operating Permit

Share On
driver-receives-multiple-tickets-and-a-date-in-court-for-having-a-fake-temporary-operating-permit
On April 15, 2025, at 9:37 a.m., officers with BC Highway Patrol were doing HOV lane checks on Highway #99 near Highway #17A, Delta, when they pulled over a blue minivan with a solo driver.

A woman who chose to drive solo in the High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane is facing a court date and hefty fines after being stopped in an uninsured vehicle with a fake permit.

On April 15, 2025, at 9:37 a.m., officers with BC Highway Patrol were doing HOV lane checks on Highway #99 near Highway #17A, Delta, when they pulled over a blue minivan with a solo driver.

When BC Highway Patrol does HOV lane checks, we’re not just looking for lane cheaters, says Corporal Michael McLaughlin with BC Highway Patrol. We’re also keeping our eyes open for prohibited drivers, outstanding arrest warrants, contraband weapons and drugs, or anything that might be criminal or dangerous.

When the officers checked the minivan’s Temporary Operating Permit (a paper licence used for short periods of insurance), they found that it was a forgery.

The driver, a 50-year-old Langley woman, was immediately issued the following tickets:

  • Driving in the HOV lane against regulations, section 152 of the BC Motor Vehicle Act (BC MVA) with a fine of $109;
  • Change lanes over solid white line, section 151(b) of the BC MVA with a fine of $109;
  • No insurance, section 24(3)(b) of the BC MVA with a fine of $598.

In addition, the minivan was towed at the owner’s expense. The driver is being issued a Summons to appear in court on Criminal Code charges at a later date.

Latest news

b-c-governments-decision-to-shut-public-employee-directory-sparks-transparency-debate
BCAug 19, 2026

B.C. Government’s Decision to Shut Public Employee Directory Sparks Transparency Debate

The B.C. government’s decision under Premier David Eby to suddenly shut down its online directory of government employees to the general public has sparked a political controversy in the province. Opposition parties have accused the government of hiding information from the public and undermining transparency. The government, however, says the decision was made to protect employees’ safety, privacy and cybersecurity. Through the directory, members of the public could previously find out which employees worked in different government departments, their positions and how to contact them. Lan
poilievre-targets-liberal-government-over-catch-and-release-bail-system
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Poilievre Targets Liberal Government Over ‘Catch-and-Release’ Bail System

The issue of bail for serious offenders in Canada has once again come under the spotlight. Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre has criticized the Liberal government, accusing it of allowing dangerous offenders to remain in the community because of what he calls weak bail laws. Poilievre pointed to a recent incident in Windsor, Ont., involving 22-year-old Qasim Sabi, who has been accused of sexually assaulting two young boys. Police say Sabi was already facing allegations in an earlier case and was out under court-ordered conditions when the latest incidents allegedly occurred. According to po
canadas-wildfire-season-could-rank-among-countrys-worst-on-record
CanadaAug 19, 2026

Canada’s wildfire season could rank among country’s worst on record

Canada’s 2026 wildfire season is on track to become the country’s fourth-worst on record, with millions of hectares already affected and hundreds of fires still active. Federal Emergency Management Minister Eleanor Olszewski said during a virtual briefing Tuesday evening that the country remains in the middle of the wildfire season, with some regions facing difficult and uncertain conditions. According to the federal government, about 4.1 million hectares have been affected by wildfires so far this season. Roughly 580 fires are currently active across Canada, including about 30 that remain
b-c-conservative-leader-attacks-eby-government-over-forestry-decline
BCAug 18, 2026

B.C. Conservative Leader Attacks Eby Government Over Forestry Decline

B.C. Conservative Party Leader John Rustad has accused Premier David Eby of blaming U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs for the province’s forestry-sector decline in an attempt to hide his government’s own failures. In a statement Tuesday, Rustad said U.S. tariffs are harmful and should be strongly opposed. However, he said forestry production in B.C.’s Interior began declining as early as 2016, long before Trump returned to office, and has now fallen by about 50 per cent. According to Rustad, poor provincial policies, permit processes that can take two to three years, and uncertaint
trumps-presidency-delays-quebec-sovereignty-referendum-says-parti-québécois
CanadaAug 18, 2026

Trump’s Presidency Delays Quebec Sovereignty Referendum, Says Parti Québécois

Parti Québécois leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon says his party would not hold a referendum on Quebec sovereignty while Donald Trump remains president of the United States. St-Pierre Plamondon says the party still intends to hold a referendum on whether Quebec should separate from Canada during its first mandate if elected. However, he says such a crucial decision about Quebec’s future requires a clear and calm debate. He says the referendum debate should not be disrupted by American politics or unexpected announcements from the U.S. president. According to St-Pierre Plamondon, the unpredic

Related News