25.82°C Vancouver

Jul 13, 2021 10:10 AM -

Delhi reports 45 fresh COVID-19 cases, lowest in 1.25 years

Share On
delhi-reports-45-fresh-covid-19-cases-lowest-in-1-25-years
Delhi reports 45 fresh COVID-19 cases, lowest in 1.25 years

With 45 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, Delhi has reported the lowest coronavirus daily count after about 1.25 years, health minister Satyendar Jain informed on Tuesday.

While speaking to reporters, Jain further informed that the positivity rate is slightly below 0.1 per cent, and there are currently 693 active cases in the capital.

"There were 45 COVID-positive cases in Delhi yesterday, which is the lowest count in 1.25 years. The positivity rate is slightly below 1 per cent and there are 693 active cases," Jain said while urging people to continue to follow COVID precautions.

Delhi had suffered a devastating second COVID-19 wave earlier this year when daily cases peaked in April with over 28,000 cases.

Fresh daily cases have remained below the 100-mark for two consecutive weeks now. Asked about the city's vaccine availability and inoculation centres that closed in the last few days, Jain said about 1.5 lakh doses were received last night, and are expected to last one or two days.

"Several centres were closed yesterday due to the low availability of COVID-19 vaccines. We received about 1.5 lakh doses of Covishield last night. That is expected to last one or two days. We have the capability to administer 3-4 lakh doses of vaccines in a day," he said.

Jain added that the possible third wave could be stopped if people follow the COVID-19 protocol strictly and if people did not become careless. As per the union health ministry, as many as 89,37,940 vaccine doses have been administered in Delhi so far, including 68,43,441 first doses and 20,94,499 second doses.

Regarding the tussle over water supply with the neighbouring state of Haryana and allegations that the Delhi government is not managing the supply well, Jain said, "They should give us our allocation of water, only then will we be able to do any management."

Latest news

18-year-old-shooting-suspect-turns-himself-in-to-burnaby-rcmp
BCAug 21, 2026

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in to Burnaby RCMP

A suspect wanted in connection with a December 2025 shooting in North Burnaby has turned himself in to authorities. Burnaby RCMP said officers responded on Dec. 19, 2025, to a report of a shooting near Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place. A man was found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to hospital for treatment. The RCMP’s Investigative Support Team took over the investigation. On Dec. 25, charges were laid and an arrest warrant was issued for 18-year-old Ronin Tajali. Tajali has since surrendered to police and remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing. Police thanked the public
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Leaders Condemn Nanaksar Gurdwara Attack, Call for Action Against Anti-Sikh Hate

Federal NDP MP for Edmonton Strathcona Heather McPherson, along with leaders from across the country, has strongly condemned the attack at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and expressed solidarity with the Sikh community. They called for a full investigation into the incident, urging authorities to take the growing anti-Sikh hatred in Canada seriously and implement stronger measures to protect places of worship. McPherson said everyone has the right to practise their religion freely and that such violent attacks are unacceptable under any circumstances. Meanwhile, Surrey-Newton MP Sukh Dhaliwal express
poilievre-warns-accepting-u-s-tariffs-could-devastate-canadas-industrial-sector
BCAug 21, 2026

Poilievre Warns Accepting U.S. Tariffs Could Devastate Canada’s Industrial Sector

Conservative Party Leader Pierre Poilievre has lashed out at the Liberal government during ongoing Canada-U.S. trade talks in Washington, warning that accepting unilateral U.S. tariffs could devastate Canada’s industrial sector. Speaking to reporters in Kitchener, Ontario, Poilievre strongly criticized the proposed 25 per cent U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. He said that if Canada accepts such discriminatory terms, major Canadian businesses and factories could leave the country, causing long-term damage to the Canadian economy. Taking aim at Prime Minister Mark Carney, Poilievre said Car
AlbertaAug 21, 2026

Edmonton Nanaksar Gurdwara Stabbing Leaves Two Injured, Suspect Arrested

A stabbing incident at Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Edmonton early Friday morning left two people injured. Police have arrested a suspect at the scene. According to police, the incident occurred at around 5:08 a.m. at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehills Road. The two injured individuals were treated at the scene, and their injuries were considered non-life-threatening. Police are questioning the arrested suspect, while officers continue their investigation in and around the gurdwara to ensure the safety of the congregation. Meanwhile, the World Sikh Organization of Canada said in
42-year-old-man-charged-in-immigration-fraud-case-arrest-warrant-issued
CanadaAug 21, 2026

42-Year-Old Man Charged in Immigration Fraud Case, Arrest Warrant Issued

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has laid five charges against 42-year-old Abul Qasim for allegedly helping people enter Canada illegally and committing immigration fraud. An arrest warrant has also been issued for him. According to the CBSA, Qasim previously lived in Montreal but left Canada in June 2025 and is believed to be currently outside the country. The arrest warrant was issued after he failed to appear in response to a summons issued by a Montreal court. The CBSA began investigating the alleged scheme in 2024 after receiving confidential information from Immigration, Refugees

Related News