5.14°C Vancouver

Feb 18, 2021 2:07 AM -

427 new COVID-19 cases and 3 deaths reported in B.C.

Share On
427-new-covid-19-cases-and-3-deaths-reported-in-b-c
The provincial health officer of B.C. Dr. Bonnie Henry during a news conference. Victoria, B.C. (B.C. Government)

British Columbia is recording 427 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total number of active cases in the province to 4,150.

Health officials say three more people have died and the death toll now sits at 1,317.

There are 232 people in hospital, 63 of whom are in intensive care.

The remaining people with COVID-19 are recovering at home in self-isolation.

Health Minister Adrian Dix and provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry say in a joint statement that chains of transmission are broken when everyone works together.

To date, 176,015 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in B.C., 26,030 of which are second doses.

There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.

The outbreaks at Sunnybank Retirement Home and Mountain View Manor are now over.

Latest news

kamloops-traffic-stop-leads-to-three-year-sentence-for-valemount-man
BCNov 26, 2025

Kamloops Traffic Stop Leads to Three-Year Sentence for Valemount Man

A routine traffic stop by the Uniform Gang Enforcement Team in Kamloops last year has resulted in a three-year jail sentence for a Valemount resident. Officers with the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit of British Columbia say the stop took place on March 22, 2024, after an electric motorbike was seen committing several traffic violations. Police report that the rider did not stop when signalled, but was arrested shortly afterward. A search led to the seizure of drugs, cash and a semi-automatic handgun with ammunition. Investigators later confirmed the man, identified as 48-year-old Chr
richmond-rcmp-arrests-10-people-in-targeted-retail-theft-operation
BCNov 26, 2025

Richmond RCMP arrests 10 people in targeted retail theft operation

Richmond RCMP says ten people were taken into custody during a coordinated retail theft enforcement initiative carried out on November 12. The operation was part of the detachment’s ongoing response to rising property crime in the city’s busy commercial areas. Police say the “Boost and Bust” operation brought together frontline officers, the Property Crime Unit, crime analysts, and several local businesses. Investigators recovered an estimated 3,000 dollars in allegedly stolen merchandise, mostly clothing and food. According to RCMP, most of the individuals arrested live outside Richmo
WorldNov 26, 2025

Hong Kong high-rise blaze leaves 13 dead as residents flee massive overnight fire

Hong Kong authorities say 13 people have died after a fast-moving fire swept through a cluster of high-rise residential towers in the Tai Po district of the New Territories. Emergency officials confirmed that nine residents were found dead at the scene, while four others later died in hospital. Officials say roughly 700 people living in the affected housing complex were forced to leave their homes and have since been moved to temporary shelters. Local authorities are assessing the safety of nearby buildings, as several structures were wrapped in construction scaffolding and netting that helped
ottawa-preparing-new-measures-to-shore-up-canadas-steel-sector-facing-u-s-tariff-pressures
CanadaNov 26, 2025

Ottawa preparing new measures to shore up Canada’s steel sector facing U.S. tariff pressures

Prime Minister Mark Carney is expected to introduce a package of federal supports aimed at stabilizing Canada’s steel industry as companies continue to absorb the economic impact of steep U.S. tariffs. A federal official, speaking to The Canadian Press, said the measures are designed to protect domestic producers while keeping national supply chains functioning. According to the official, the federal government plans to restrict steel imports from countries without free-trade agreements with Canada. Those import levels would be reduced from 50 per cent to 20 per cent of what entered the coun
AlbertaNov 26, 2025

Alberta health workers approve four-year contract with wage increases

A broad group of Alberta health professionals, including frontline paramedics, has voted to ratify a new four-year contract with Alberta Health Services. The Health Sciences Association of Alberta says roughly two-thirds of participating members supported the mediator-recommended agreement after a weeklong vote. The deal provides general wage increases totalling 12 per cent over the life of the contract. Several classifications will also receive additional one-time adjustments to bring salaries in line with market conditions. The union says the agreement marks progress for workers who have fac

Related News