3.53°C Vancouver

Nov 7, 2025 6:41 PM - Connect Newsroom - Jasmine Singh with files from The Canadian Press

22 men charged in Quebec child exploitation investigation

Share On
22-men-charged-in-quebec-child-exploitation-investigation
Quebec provincial police say 22 men were arrested in connection with an online child exploitation probe that led to 26 searches across several cities. (Photo: The Canadian Press)

Quebec provincial police say 22 men have been arrested following a provincewide investigation into online child sexual exploitation. The suspects, aged 18 to 70, were taken into custody after a series of coordinated raids carried out earlier this week.

According to the Sûreté du Québec, 20 of the accused have already appeared in court on charges that include possession, distribution and access of child sexual abuse material. The investigation was conducted between November 3 and 7, with more than 150 officers participating in searches across multiple cities, including Montreal, Quebec City, Laval, Longueuil, Boucherville and Gatineau.

Police say 26 locations were searched, and a number of computer devices were seized as evidence. Authorities are urging the public to remain vigilant and to report any suspected online sexual exploitation of minors through the national tip line at cybertip.ca.

The arrests are part of ongoing efforts by Quebec law enforcement agencies to target and disrupt online child exploitation networks across the province.

Latest news

new-westminster-police-seize-pills-and-cash-in-queensborough-drug-trafficking-probe
BCFeb 20, 2026

New Westminster police seize pills and cash in Queensborough drug trafficking probe

Police in New Westminster say a targeted drug trafficking investigation has led to the seizure of a significant quantity of pills, other suspected drugs and cash from a property in the Queensborough neighbourhood. According to the New Westminster Police Department, its Street Crime Unit launched the investigation in January and worked alongside another regional policing agency. Officers later executed a search warrant at a residence in Queensborough as part of the ongoing probe. Sgt. Andrew Leaver said drug trafficking and related violence are not tolerated in the city. He noted that the depar
CanadaFeb 20, 2026

Canada advances to gold medal game after 3–2 semifinal win over Finland

Canada is heading to the gold medal game at the Winter Olympics 2026 after defeating Finland 3–2 in a tightly contested men’s hockey semifinal on Saturday. Finland opened the scoring late in the first period when Mikko Rantanen found the back of the net to give his team a 1–0 lead. Early in the second period, Erik Haula extended Finland’s advantage to 2–0, putting pressure on the Canadian squad. Canada responded before the end of the second period. West Vancouver native Sam Reinhart scored on a deflection with five minutes remaining in the frame, cutting the deficit to 2–1 and shif
india-u-s-likely-to-sign-interim-trade-deal-in-march-says-piyush-goyal
IndiaFeb 20, 2026

India, U.S. Likely to Sign Interim Trade Deal in March, Says Piyush Goyal

India’s Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal says an interim trade agreement between India and the United States could be signed as early as March, with implementation expected in April. The minister shared the update on Friday, indicating that negotiations have entered a final legal stage. According to Goyal, officials from both countries are scheduled to meet in the United States starting February 23 for three days of discussions aimed at finalizing the legal framework of the proposed agreement. The interim deal is expected to address tariff issues and market access while broader tr
WorldFeb 20, 2026

Bangladesh restores visa services for Indian nationals days after new government takes office

Bangladesh has reinstated visa services for Indian citizens just three days after a new government led by the Bangladesh Nationalist Party took office. Prime Minister Tarique Rahman announced Friday that all visa categories for Indian nationals have been restored, reversing a suspension imposed nearly two months ago. The earlier halt to visa processing had been introduced under the administration of former prime minister Muhammad Yunus. At that time, Bangladeshi authorities cited administrative and diplomatic considerations for pausing services. The decision had affected travellers seeking med
canada-welcomes-u-s-supreme-court-ruling-striking-down-trump-emergency-tariffs-but-sector
CanadaFeb 20, 2026

Canada welcomes U.S. Supreme Court ruling striking down Trump emergency tariffs, but sector

Canada’s Minister of International Trade, Dominic LeBlanc, says a recent decision by the Supreme Court of the United States to overturn tariffs imposed under former president Donald Trump’s emergency powers validates Canada’s long-standing position that the measures were unjustified. In a statement responding to the ruling, LeBlanc said the court’s decision confirms Canada’s argument that duties introduced under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act were not legally sound. Ottawa had previously raised concerns that the tariffs created uncertainty for cross-border trade and

Related News