8.59°C Vancouver

News

bjp-mla-attack-case-farmers-end-protest-in-malout-after-punjab-police-assures-evidence-based-probe
IndiaMar 30, 2021

BJP MLA attack case: Farmers end protest in Malout after Punjab police assures evidence-based probe

A farmers protest -- going on against the registeration of an FIR against some farmers who had attacked BJP MLA Arun Narang in Malout -- concluded on Monday after the police assured them of a proper probe.A Punjab Police official said, "No innocent person will be punished and evidence-based investigation will be done."Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Arun Narang was surrounded and restrained on March 27 by agitators in the Malout area of Punjab's Muktsar district.As per a police statement, Superintendent of Punjab Police Gurmail Singh also suffered injuries while attempting to rescue Narang fr
b-c-temporarily-suspends-use-of-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-for-those-under-age-55-2-518-new-covid-19-cases-reported
BCMar 30, 2021

B.C. temporarily suspends use of Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine for those under age 55; 2,518 new COVID-19 cases reported

BC is temporarily suspending use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine for those under age 55 for the next few days. The national advisory committee on immunization issued that recommendation today over concerns the vaccine may be linked to rare blood clots. Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry calls the condition very rare and says it's unlikely any cases will be seen in Canada. She says she anticipates more information in the next two to three days. The province says there were 2,518new cases, pushing the total in the province past 98,000. Six more people have died, raising that total to
ajay-devgn-reacts-on-viral-delhi-brawl-video-calls-it-baseless
IndiaMar 30, 2021

Ajay Devgn reacts on viral 'Delhi brawl' video, calls it 'baseless'

Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn on Monday has shut down the claims of a viral Delhi brawl video, where a man fighting outside a pub, has been mistaken for him over social media. Shutting down all the rumours, Ajay Devgn took to his official Twitter account and wrote, "Some 'doppelganger' of mine seems to have got into trouble." "I've been getting concerned calls. Just clarifying, I've not traveled anywhere. All reports regarding me being in any brawl are baseless." He further wished his fans, a Happy Holi." The viral video sees two men fighting outside a pub, using obscene language. One of the men,
dr-henry-introduces-restrictions-including-banning-indoor-dining-at-bars-and-restaurants-describes-the-move-as-a-circuit-breaker
BCMar 30, 2021

Dr. Henry introduces restrictions including banning indoor dining at bars and restaurants, describes the move as a "circuit breaker"

Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry is banning indoor dining at bars and restaurants and indoor activity at fitness centres for three weeks starting at midnight. Dr. Henry describes the move as a "circuit breaker" amid concerns that more infectious variants are driving "exponential growth" of COVID-19 cases. She says the Whistler Blackcomb ski resort will also be closed until at least April 19th as cases spread in the community. Dr. Henry has also reintroduced restrictions on indoor religious services that she just announced would ease last week. Social activities need to be limited to
naci-announces-change-in-recommendations-for-the-oxford-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine
CanadaMar 29, 2021

NACI announces change in recommendations for the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine

Federal immunization experts changed their recommendations for the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. The National Advisory Committee on Immunization says the vaccine should not be used on people under the age of 55. Health Canada is asking AstraZeneca to do a full analysis of the risks of its vaccine across all age groups and genders, following additional reports of patients in Europe developing blood clots. Dr. Supriya Sharma, the chief medical adviser at Health Canada, says there have been no blood clots reported in Canada to date and still believes the vaccine's benefits outweigh the r
surrey-rcmp-special-victims-unit-seeks-information-in-sexual-assault-investigation
BCMar 29, 2021

Surrey RCMP Special Victims Unit seeks information in sexual assault investigation

The Surrey RCMP Special Victims Unit is looking for information from the public related to an on-going investigation.This investigation began on March 12, 2021, after police received information about a sexual assault that occurred in February 2021. Further investigation put investigators in contact with three additional victims related to incidents that took place between June 2019 and February 12, 2021.On March 19, 2021, a male suspect was arrested. However, investigators believe there may be further victims in the community who have not yet come forward. Further information is being release
woman-in-serious-condition-after-shooting-inside-guildford-residence
BCMar 29, 2021

Woman in serious condition after shooting inside Guildford residence

The Surrey RCMP General Investigation Unit is currently investigating a shooting that occurredinside of a residence in Guildford. Shortly before 12:00 a.m. on March 29, 2021, Surrey RCMP responded to a call from Emergency HealthServices reporting a shooting in a residence in the 16300-block of 113B Avenue. Frontline officers arrived and located a woman suffering from gunshot wounds. She was transported to the hospital in serious condition. The suspect in this shooting fled the residenceprior to police arrival. The initial indications are that this shooting is between parties known to one anoth
20-year-old-man-identified-as-victim-of-homicide-in-port-alberni
BCMar 29, 2021

20 year old man identified as victim of homicide in Port Alberni

RCMP on Vancouver Island have identified the victim in what they now say is a homicide investigation. They say the 20 year old man from the Port Alberni and Ahousat areas was found on the street Saturday morning with stab wounds to his chest and died from the injuries. The investigation is ongoing and police say they believe the suspect and victim knew each other, and there is no ongoing risk to the public. They're asking anyone who was around the 35-hundred block of 4th Avenue in Port Alberni early Saturday morning to call them. BC RCMP on on 27th March tweeted: #PortAlberni - RCMP investiga
lights-returning-after-windstorm-knocks-out-power-to-thousands-across-southern-b-c
BCMar 29, 2021

Lights returning after windstorm knocks out power to thousands across southern B.C.

Thousands of residents on British Columbia's south coast and southern Interior spent the night without power after a fierce windstorm blew through the region Sunday. BC Hydro says the outage affected an estimated 180,000 customers from Metro Vancouver to the Sunshine Coast, parts of Vancouver Island and southern Interior. Contractors worked through the night and Hydro says the number of outages had been cut to fewer than 6,000 by dawn. Environment Canada says gusts of 90 kilometres per hour were recorded at Vancouver International Airport and numerous municipalities report trees toppled across

Just In

exclusive-pm-mark-carney-on-ending-canadas-extortion-crisis-whats-the-plan
CanadaFeb 20, 2026

Exclusive: PM Mark Carney on ending Canada’s extortion crisis, What’s the plan?

Vijay Saini, host of Connect FM's morning show, has conducted an exclusive interview with the country's Prime Minister Mark Carney. The issue of extortion was discussed in this special conversation when the two met in Surrey. Vijay Saini discussed various aspects related to extortion with the Prime Minister, ranging from local to international challenges. Meanwhile, when asked if the problem had become so serious because Canada did not follow its own rules, the Prime Minister said that the country did not have the legal tools to deal with extortions quickly. He said that for this reason, the
whitecaps-fc-and-connect-fm-announce-punjabi-radio-broadcast-partnership
BCFeb 20, 2026

Whitecaps FC and Connect FM announce Punjabi radio broadcast partnership

Vancouver Whitecaps FC and Connect FM 91.5 announced on Friday that the station will become the club’s Official Local Punjabi Radio Broadcast Partner for the 2026 season – a first of it’s kind in Major League Soccer (MLS). As part of the partnership, Connect FM will broadcast all 17 MLS regular season home matches live in Punjabi.Fans can tune in to Connect FM on 91.5 FM and 91.5 HD2 or stream the broadcast live via the Connect FM website, mobile app, or anywhere else the station is available.“Soccer is a universal sport, and we have always taken great pride in representing the diversi
new-westminster-police-seize-pills-and-cash-in-queensborough-drug-trafficking-probe
BCFeb 20, 2026

New Westminster police seize pills and cash in Queensborough drug trafficking probe

Police in New Westminster say a targeted drug trafficking investigation has led to the seizure of a significant quantity of pills, other suspected drugs and cash from a property in the Queensborough neighbourhood. According to the New Westminster Police Department, its Street Crime Unit launched the investigation in January and worked alongside another regional policing agency. Officers later executed a search warrant at a residence in Queensborough as part of the ongoing probe. Sgt. Andrew Leaver said drug trafficking and related violence are not tolerated in the city. He noted that the depar
CanadaFeb 20, 2026

Canada advances to gold medal game after 3–2 semifinal win over Finland

Canada is heading to the gold medal game at the Winter Olympics 2026 after defeating Finland 3–2 in a tightly contested men’s hockey semifinal on Saturday. Finland opened the scoring late in the first period when Mikko Rantanen found the back of the net to give his team a 1–0 lead. Early in the second period, Erik Haula extended Finland’s advantage to 2–0, putting pressure on the Canadian squad. Canada responded before the end of the second period. West Vancouver native Sam Reinhart scored on a deflection with five minutes remaining in the frame, cutting the deficit to 2–1 and shif
india-u-s-likely-to-sign-interim-trade-deal-in-march-says-piyush-goyal
IndiaFeb 20, 2026

India, U.S. Likely to Sign Interim Trade Deal in March, Says Piyush Goyal

India’s Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal says an interim trade agreement between India and the United States could be signed as early as March, with implementation expected in April. The minister shared the update on Friday, indicating that negotiations have entered a final legal stage. According to Goyal, officials from both countries are scheduled to meet in the United States starting February 23 for three days of discussions aimed at finalizing the legal framework of the proposed agreement. The interim deal is expected to address tariff issues and market access while broader tr