1.04°C Vancouver

Jul 13, 2022 12:25 PM - ANI

NCB says Rhea Chakraborty received multiple ganja deliveries

Share On
ncb-says-rhea-chakraborty-received-multiple-ganja-deliveries
NCB says Rhea Chakraborty received multiple ganja deliveries (Photo: ANI)

The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), which is probing a drug case linked with the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput in 2020, alleged that his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty received multiple deliveries of ganja from other co-accused.

As per the NCB's draft charges, Chakraborty, who was also arrested in the drug case and later walked out of the jail on bail, allegedly made payments and delivered ganja to the late actor.

She has been accused of committing an offence under sections 8[c] read with 20[b][ii]A, 27A,28, 29 and 30 of NDPS Act 1985.

"Rhea Chakroborty received many deliveries of ganja from Accused 6 Samuel Miranda, accused Showik Chakraborty and accused 8 Dipesh Sawant and others and handed over those deliveries to Actor late Sushant Singh Rajput and made payments for those deliveries at the instance accused 7 Showik and late Sushant Singh Rajput during the period March 2020 to September 2020 and thereby you have committed an offence u/s 8[c] r/w 20[b][ii]A, 27A,28, 29 & 30 of NDPS Act 1985," read the draft charges.

Rhea Chakraborty was in a relationship with Rajput at the time of his death on June 14, 2020, when he was found dead in his bedroom.

The ED had on July 31, 2020, registered an Enforcement Case Information Report in the late actor's death case after a First Information Report (FIR) was filed by Rajput's father KK Singh against Rhea Chakraborty in Bihar on July 28, last year.

Latest news

himanshi-khurana-files-police-complaint-over-10-crore-extortion-threat
BollywoodFeb 18, 2026

Himanshi Khurana Files Police Complaint Over ₹10 Crore Extortion Threat

Jasmine Singh Punjabi actress and model Himanshi Khurana has approached the Mohali police after allegedly receiving a ₹10 crore extortion threat from a gangster believed to be operating from abroad, officials confirmed. According to police sources, the actress reported that she received a threatening email on her personal email account. The message allegedly included a voice note in which the sender demanded ₹10 crore. Superintendent of Police (Investigation) Saurav Jindal stated that authorities are working to trace the origin of the email and identify the individual responsible for sendi
BollywoodFeb 18, 2026

From Don to The Beatles: Farhan’s Big Leap

While chatter continues around the casting of Don 3, Farhan Akhtar has quietly stepped onto a much bigger global stage. The actor is all set to make his major Hollywood debut in an ambitious film series directed by Oscar-winner Sam Mendes. Farhan will portray legendary sitar virtuoso Ravi Shankar in The Beatles – A Four Film Cinematic Event, a massive project backed by Sony Pictures and Neal Street. The films, currently being shot in the UK, are slated for a grand theatrical release in April 2028. Shankar famously influenced George Harrison, introducing Indian classical sounds into The Beatl
alia-bhatt-to-take-the-stage-as-bafta-presenter
BollywoodFeb 18, 2026

Alia Bhatt to Take the Stage as BAFTA Presenter

Alia Bhatt is all set to present an award at the 79th edition of the BAFTA Awards, as confirmed by the British Academy on Tuesday. Formally known as the EE BAFTA Film Awards, the prestigious event honours outstanding achievements in global cinema. The ceremony will be held on February 22 at the iconic Royal Festival Hall. Sharing her excitement, Alia reposted an update from BAFTA’s official Instagram page and captioned it playfully, “100 points if you can spot me.” At 32, the actor joins an impressive list of celebrity presenters including Alicia Vikander, Bryan Cranston, Cillian Murphy,
delhi-high-court-grants-bail-to-actor-rajpal-yadav-in-cheque-bounce-case
BollywoodFeb 17, 2026

Delhi High Court grants bail to actor Rajpal Yadav in cheque bounce case

The Delhi High Court has granted bail to Bollywood actor Rajpal Yadav in connection with a cheque bounce case linked to an outstanding loan dispute. Yadav had been lodged in Tihar Jail in recent days following legal proceedings related to the matter. The court declined to extend any special concession and directed that a demand draft of Rs. 1.5 crore be deposited before bail could be approved. After the specified amount was submitted within the given time frame, the court ordered his release on bail. The case stems from a reported loan dispute of approximately Rs. 9 crore, which led to proceed
the-game-is-back-on-farzi-season-2-officially-begins
BollywoodFeb 17, 2026

The Game Is Back On: Farzi Season 2 Officially Begins!

After keeping fans on edge for three long years, Shahid Kapoor has finally dropped the news everyone’s been waiting for, Season 2 of Farzi is happening! The big reveal came straight from Shahid himself when he took to social media and sent excitement levels soaring. Sharing a cheerful snapshot alongside the masterminds behind the show — Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K., popularly known as Raj & DK — the actor made it crystal clear that the story is far from over. With a playful caption that read, “The fakers are back at it,” Shahid confirmed that the gripping crime drama is gearing

Related News

No records found.